China expects S100 bn trade volume with India by 2015August 17th, 2012 - 10:27 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 17 (IANS) Despite a fall in the volume of India-China bilateral trade for the first half of the current year, China remained upbeat over trade prospects with India with a Chinese diplomat confident of volume expected to clock $100 billion by 2015.
“Our trade with India should become worth $100 billon by 2015, with growing investment opportunities in both the countries,” Consul General in Kolkata Zhang Lizhong said at an interactive session, organised by MCC Chamber of Commerce and Industry here Friday.
The volume of trade between the two countries was $73.9 billion in 2011.
India-China trade volume, however, witnessed a four percent slide for the first half of the current year compared with last year, on the back of overall economic slowdown.
“As on June 30, the bilateral trade with India stood at $34 billion, which is 4 percent down,” said Zhang.
He said there has been a trade imbalance between the two countries in some sectors.
- India, China open year of friendship, push boundary solution (Lead) - Mar 30, 2012
- Chinese envoy speaks peace a day after Indian missile test - Apr 20, 2012
- India, China set to hold first strategic economic dialogue - Sep 01, 2011
- Brazil optimistic on crossing $15 bn trade target with India - Jun 14, 2012
- Chinese companies asked to import more from India - Mar 28, 2012
- Economic dialogue will help develop mutual trust: Wen Jiabao - Sep 27, 2011
- Now India-China model for India-Pakistan ties? - Apr 08, 2012
- Manmohan off to China, Kazakhstan - Apr 11, 2011
- India-China trade to cross $120 billion by 2012 - Nov 27, 2010
- India seeks closer China ties to combat global slowdown - Jan 10, 2012
- China pledged to reduce trade imbalance: PM - Apr 17, 2011
- India, China move to resolve disputes, increase trade (Roundup) - Apr 13, 2011
- India, China partners in development: Chinese consul general - Jul 25, 2012
- China non-committal on resolving visa issue - Dec 13, 2010
- India, China set trade target of $100 bn by 2015 (Lead) - Dec 16, 2010
Tags: bilateral trade, billon, chamber of commerce, chamber of commerce and industry, china trade, chinese diplomat, clock, consul general, economic slowdown, india china, interactive session, investment opportunities, sectors, trade imbalance, trade prospects, trade volume, zhang lizhong