China, Cuba sign agreements to enhance economic tiesApril 10th, 2012 - 2:21 pm ICT by IANS
Havana, April 10 (IANS) Entrepreneurs from Cuba and China’s Shandong province have signed cooperation agreements in the fields of biotechnology and information.
Officials from China’s Lukang Pharmaceutical Company and Cuba’s Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology signed an agreement Monday calling for collaboration in the area of manufacturing and marketing biotech products, reported Xinhua.
Also, Cuba’s Ministry of Information and Communications and China’s Inspur Electronic Information Industry Co. Ltd said they wanted to develop bilateral trade.
During the meeting, Deputy Governor of Shandong Cai Limin said trade between Cuba and Shandong province, China’s third largest province in terms of GDP, reached nearly $100 million in 2011.
Representatives of both countries said they wanted to boost bilateral economic cooperation, especially in the fields of renewable energy, oil, biotechnology and tourism.
Cuba and China established diplomatic relations Sep 28, 1960.
Today, China is Cuba’s second largest trade partner after Venezuela, with an annual trade volume of about $2 billion, according to Cuba’s National Statistics Office.
- Castro's China visit to help speed up Cuban economy (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- India wants to cooperate with Cuba in energy, telecom - Jul 14, 2012
- Cuban president embarks on China, Vietnam trip - Jul 03, 2012
- Putin begins state visit to China (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- Mexican firm eyeing Cuba offshore oil projects - Apr 13, 2012
- Krishna to visit Cuba to further ties - Jun 12, 2012
- Cuba showcases cancer vaccines - Mar 06, 2012
- Chinese firms mull joint ventures in India (With image) - Apr 13, 2012
- $189 mn of China's imports MoUs between Indian and Chinese firms - Aug 27, 2012
- Japan, South Korea plan big oil investments in Venezuela - Apr 30, 2012
- Israel's focus on IT, biotech in trade with India - Sep 13, 2011
- Latin America - Energising India (Comment) - Jun 21, 2012
- UAE, South Korea sign MoU in health care - Mar 15, 2011
- Latin America beckons: India must seize the moment (Comment) - Jul 26, 2012
- Russia to prospect for oil in Cuba - Nov 05, 2009
Tags: bilateral trade, biotech products, cooperation agreements, deputy governor, diplomatic relations, economic cooperation, economic ties, electronic information industry, fields of biotechnology, industry co ltd, limin, ministry of information, National Statistics Office, pharmaceutical company, s center, shandong province china, sign agreements, trade partner, trade volume, xinhua