China backs Europe’s integrationMay 31st, 2012 - 2:48 pm ICT by IANS
Brussels, May 31 (IANS) China supports Europe’s integration process as well as its efforts to deal with the sovereign debt crisis, said an official.
China has faith in Europe’s capability of getting over the current crisis, said Wang Jiarui, head of the Communist Party of China (CPC) central committee’s international department, during a meeting with European Parliament President Martin Schulz on the sidelines of a China-EU high level political forum that ended here Wednesday.
Wang said the Sino-EU relation is one of the most important bilateral relations in the world, reported Xinhua.
The two sides should broaden political mutual trust, boost mutually beneficial cooperation and avoid misunderstandings and misgivings through dialogue and exchanges, Wang said.
In another meeting with EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton, Wang said China’s development has benefited from Europe’s experience.
He said China supported the EU to play a bigger role on the international stage.
On her part, Ashton said that the mutual trust and cooperation can be furthered as long as there was sincerity and mutual understanding between the two sides.
- We can develop together: China tells India - Feb 08, 2012
- Assad must go: EU foreign ministers - Sep 09, 2012
- EU gets letter from Iran for n-talks - Feb 16, 2012
- India, EU firm up agenda for summit, discuss free trade - Jan 16, 2012
- Top EU official to visit India - Jan 15, 2012
- China warns of grim foreign trade situation - Oct 19, 2011
- EU foreign policy chief to visit India Tuesday - Jun 22, 2010
- South Africa, EU call for end to Syrian violence - Aug 25, 2012
- EU seeks free trade deal with India - Dec 08, 2010
- EU seeks mutual solution to India-Italy row - Mar 21, 2012
- US, EU greet Egyptian president-elect on his win (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Chinese Communist Party leaders to attend Congress conference - Oct 28, 2010
- EU asked to set up larger embassies in India, Pakistan - Mar 06, 2010
- China, EU vow to strengthen military ties - Oct 24, 2011
- EU welcomes resumption of India-Pakistan talks - Jun 05, 2010
Tags: beneficial cooperation, bilateral relations, communist party of china, cpc central committee, debt crisis, european parliament, international stage, martin schulz, misgivings, misunderstandings, mutual trust, mutual understanding, policy chief, political forum, president martin, sidelines, sincerity, sovereign debt, wang jiarui, xinhua