Chhattisgarh’s wish list - four new trains, five railway linesJune 24th, 2009 - 8:58 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, June 24 (IANS) Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh has written to Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee, listing the state’s demands, including that of four new trains and five new railway lines, to be incorporated in this year’s rail budget, an official said Wednesday.
“Since the railway budget is schedule to be presented July 3, Raman Singh has sent a letter to the railway minister listing out Chhattisgarh’s demands,” the official told IANS.
He said the chief minister has sought four new trains plus approval for a survey of five new railway lines in the state including conversion of Raipur-Dhamtari narrow gauge into broad gauge and linking it to the proposed Dalli Rajhara-Jagdalpur line.
The four other rail lines requested are Dongargarh-Kawardha-Mungeli-Takhatpur-Kargiroad, Raigarh-Ghardhoda-Tamnar, Ambikapur-Barbadih and Korba-Katghora-Pendra.
Raman Singh has also sought extension in routes of three trains and an increase in frequency of four other trains.
- Chhattisgarh's Dalli Rajhara-Rowghat rail project gets fresh boost - Aug 05, 2012
- Chhattisgarh to provide adequate security for rail project - Jun 02, 2012
- Chhattisgarh signs pact for rail corridors (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Railway budget is disappointing: Raman Singh - Feb 24, 2010
- Chhattisgarh to sign MOU with Railways for new project - Feb 17, 2012
- Anti-railway protest halts iron ore shipments (Lead) - Jan 19, 2012
- Railways to improve services in Chhattisgarh - Feb 08, 2012
- Chhattisgarh carves out nine more districts - Jan 01, 2012
- Chhattisgarh to press for rail network in tribal areas - Feb 06, 2012
- Masked men shoot bank cashier, loot Rs.1 million - Mar 28, 2012
- Iron-ore laden coaches derail in Chhattisgarh - May 21, 2012
- Maoist damage rail tracks in Chhattisgarh - Jul 12, 2010
- Protest hits rail services in Bastar - Jan 17, 2012
- 'Another month to restore train services to northeast' - Jul 02, 2012
- Chhattisgarh to have nine new districts - Aug 24, 2011