Chhattisgarh to provide adequate security for rail projectJune 2nd, 2012 - 7:56 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, June 2 (IANS) Chhattisgarh authorities Saturday assured the railways of providing adequate security for the 95-km-long Dalli-Rajhara-Raoghat stretch, which falls in Naxal-dominated areas, and asked it to begin work on the crucial project.
The stretch is part of the proposed 235-km Dalli-Rajhara-Jagdalpur line, for which a memorandum of understanding (MoU) was signed in 2007.
In a meeting May 15, railway general manager Arunendra Kumar had asked state Chief Secretary Sunil Kumar to speed up the land acquisition work and provide adequate security for the project.
Divisional Commissioner Durgesh Chandra Mishra, who was reviewing the progress of the project, asked railway officials to first start construction of bridges and culverts on this stretch. He also asked the officials concerned to inform the affected families regarding the proposal for jobs to 463 farmers.
“On the proposed rail line project, the state administration will provide security as per requirement. We will deploy from a company to a battalion of security forces for safe execution of the project,” Mishra told IANS.
The Dalli-Rajhara-Raoghat stretch will cost Rs.631.78 crore and will help facilitate transportation of iron ore from Dalli mines.
- Chhattisgarh's Dalli Rajhara-Rowghat rail project gets fresh boost - Aug 05, 2012
- Railway seeks security to move stranded trains in Assam - Jul 24, 2012
- Chhattisgarh's wish list - four new trains, five railway lines - Jun 24, 2009
- Himachal rail line reopens after seven months - Mar 31, 2012
- Chhattisgarh signs pact for rail corridors (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Maharashtra presents long 'wish-list' to railway minister - Mar 02, 2012
- Mumbai elevated rail corridor may become a reality - Mar 14, 2012
- Chhattisgarh to sign MOU with Railways for new project - Feb 17, 2012
- Jharkhand, railways sign MOU - Feb 15, 2012
- Indian Railways to connect with Bangladesh - Mar 14, 2012
- Jaypee's transmission line synchronized with Powergrid - Mar 06, 2012
- Make roads first, rail tracks later: Arunachal residents - Aug 10, 2011
- Dhumal seeks work on pending rail projects - Feb 19, 2012
- Wheels of Kolkata Metro turn towards massive expansion - Jun 19, 2011
- Chhattisgarh BJP wooing tribals in violence-hit Bastar - Jun 10, 2012
Tags: acquisition work, adequate security, chandra, chief secretary, construction of bridges, crore, culverts, dalli rajhara, divisional commissioner, iron ore, land acquisition, memorandum of understanding, mishra, mou, railway officials, security forces, start construction, state administration, state chief, sunil