Chhattisgarh to get Rs.427.6 bn in steel sectorAugust 9th, 2008 - 4:12 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Aug 9 (IANS) As many as 20 steel makers have signed separate deals with the Chhattisgarh government that will bring investments worth Rs.427.61 billion ($10.2 billion) to the state, a senior minister said here Saturday. “Twenty investors have signed memorandums of understanding (MoUs) with the state government late Friday here for bringing in Rs.427.61 billion either for expansion of their existing units or setting up fresh units,” Industry Minister (independent charges) Rajesh Munat told IANS.
Jindal Steel and Power Ltd (JSPL), which has a steel plant in the state’s Raigarh district, has pledged investments worth Rs.183 billion, the minister said.
The other major companies that have signed contracts are VISA Steel Ltd (Rs.47.5 billion), SKS Ispat and Power Ltd (Rs.36.11 billion), Surya Global Steel (Rs.30 billion), Jaiswal Nicco Ltd (Rs.20.2 billion), Nalwa Steel and Power Ltd (Rs.31 billion) and Godavari Power and Ispat Ltd (Rs.15.7 billion).
Munat said investors would bring in money in a scheduled time period as per Chhattisgarh’s industrial policy and the government would take care of their raw material needs besides water and land requirements. According to him, about 40,000 people will get employment in the upcoming units.
Chhattisgarh has around 20 percent of the country’s total iron ore deposits with the world’s finest quality iron ore stocks in the state’s southern region, Bailadila hills of Dantewada district.
- NMDC to open new iron ore mine in Chhattisgarh - Jul 29, 2011
- SAIL, Jindal among nine given mining rights in Chhattisgarh - Dec 06, 2010
- Rashtriya Ispat to invest Rs.42,000 crore in Andra Pradesh - Jan 16, 2012
- Jindal Steel to exit Bolivia's largest mining project - Jun 11, 2012
- JSPL inks deal for industrial park in Odisha - Nov 15, 2011
- Steel Minister asks RINL to explore possibility of cement plant in Visakhapatnam - Mar 23, 2011
- Karnataka ore transport ban affects Goa's iron plants - Jun 21, 2011
- Once bitten, Karnataka not shy to woo investors again - Jun 06, 2012
- Come to Chhattisgarh for deals in food processing and IT: Chief minister (Interview) - Sep 04, 2011
- Jindal official held for plant mishap - Jul 16, 2010
- Railways suffer loss in Chhattisgarh as protest continues - Jan 20, 2012
- Protest against industrialisation in Chhattisgarh - May 14, 2010
- Maoist shutdown hits NMDC iron ore transportation (Lead) - Dec 06, 2010
- NMDC signs deal with MECON for Chhattisgarh project - Feb 24, 2011
- NMDC to begin work on Chhattisgarh steel plant in October - Apr 28, 2010
Tags: chhattisgarh government, global steel, godavari, industry minister, iron ore deposits, ispat, jindal steel and power, jindal steel and power ltd, jspl, memorandums of understanding, mous, quality iron, raigarh, s industrial, senior minister, steel ltd, steel makers, steel plant, steel sector, worth rs