Chhattisgarh to build four industrial areasMarch 2nd, 2008 - 4:43 pm ICT by admin
Raipur, March 2 (IANS) Chhattisgarh will invest Rs.5 billion to set up four industrial areas on a total of 6,814 hectares to meet increasing demand of land for industry in the mineral-rich state, official sources said. The industrial areas will come up in Raipur, Bilaspur, Raigarh and Rajnandgaon districts and will mainly house sponge iron and mini steel plants, ferro alloys units, power plants and captive power plants.
Officials in Chhattisgarh State Industrial Development Corp (CSIDC) say the government has already identified a 2,074-hectare stretch at Jora Tarai locality in Rajnandgaon district, a 791-hectare piece at Dagori in Bilaspur, 2,483 hectare at Tilda in Raipur and 1,466 hectares at Lara in Raigarh.
“The total project cost for setting up four industrial areas will be about Rs.500 crore,” the official said, adding “government has begun moves for drafting a rehabilitation package for the people residing in the proposed areas in four districts.”
The government has already made an initial approval of Rs.1.5 billion for Rajnandgaon, Rs.910 million for Raigarh, Rs.1.17 billion for Raipur and Rs.590 million for Bilaspur.
CSIDC has already built industrial estates at Siltara and Urla areas in Raipur, Sirgitti in Bilaspur and Borai in Durg.
- Chhattisgarh serves notice to 15 industries for pollution - Oct 28, 2009
- Chhattisgarh serves notice to polluting steel mills - Nov 02, 2009
- IVRCL arm bags Rs.1,300 crore highway project - Jan 30, 2012
- Living under a dusty black cloud near Raipur (Letter from Raipur) - Sep 23, 2009
- Chhattisgarh shuts three polluting industries - Aug 21, 2010
- Raman Singh warns Chhattisgarh's polluting industries - Oct 20, 2009
- Chhattisgarh shutdown against hiked excise duty on gold - Mar 30, 2012
- Chhattisgarh to build seven barrages on Mahanadi - Jan 15, 2011
- Chhattisgarh to pump in Rs.19.64 bn to boost irrigation - Oct 10, 2009
- Explosives found in abandoned car in Chhattisgarh - Jul 14, 2011
- Chhattisgarh disburses Rs.114 crore to civic bodies - Jun 26, 2009
- Traders, students join Anna's protest in Chhattisgarh - Aug 18, 2011
- 'Chhattisgarh coal block rates led to Rs. 1,000 crore loss' - Apr 03, 2012
- Elephant dies at Chhattisgarh zoo - Nov 24, 2011
- Shutdown in Chhattisgarh against Ramdev's eviction - Jun 08, 2011