Chhattisgarh registers 19.88 percent growthFebruary 16th, 2010 - 11:51 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Feb 16 (IANS) Chhattisgarh’s Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) is estimated at Rs.95,204 crore for 2008-09, registering a growth of 19.88 percent over the previous year, according to an economic survey tabled in the state assembly Tuesday.
The economic survey 2009-10 said: “The GSDP estimates for the primary sector, which includes agriculture, forest, fisheries and mining, are Rs.27,250 crore while for the secondary sector that includes construction, manufacturing, electricity, gas and water supply the growth is Rs.37,592 crore.”
It added that the GSDP at current prices is likely to be Rs.107,847 crore in 2009-10 as per the advance estimation that shows 13.28 percent growth over the previous year. The growth in primary and secondary sectors will be 7.72 percent and 14.66 percent respectively.
Per capita income, according to advance estimates, is expected to grow by 11.75 percent in Chhattisgarh during the current fiscal.
“The per capita income in the state is expected to soar by Rs.4,051 to Rs.38,534 during 2009-10. The state’s per capita income, which is an important indicator of economic development of a state, was Rs.34,483 during 2008-09,” the survey said.
- Survey projects Karnataka's growth at 8.2 percent - Feb 23, 2011
- Delhi's per-capita income three times the national average - Apr 27, 2012
- Karnataka economy to dip to 6.4 percent - Mar 21, 2012
- Himachal targets 9 percent growth (Lead) - Mar 08, 2011
- Jharkhand economy growing, but agriculture declines: Report - Mar 07, 2011
- Survey projects 5.5 percent growth for Karnataka - Mar 04, 2010
- No new taxes in Haryana budget - Mar 09, 2011
- Chhattisgarh expects over 11 percent GDP growth - Feb 25, 2011
- Delhi records growth in per capita income - May 20, 2011
- Tamil Nadu expects 10 percent growth in 2010-11 - Feb 05, 2011
- India's per capita income rises to Rs.53,000 - Jan 31, 2012
- Haryana's per capita income to rise in 2010-11 - Mar 10, 2010
- Himachal growth rate projected to dip to 7.6 percent - Mar 16, 2012
- Jharkhand annual plan 2011-12 finalized - Apr 11, 2011
- India revises 2010-11 economic growth down to 8.4 percent - Jan 31, 2012
Tags: agriculture, chhattisgarh, crore, economic development, economic survey, electricity, estimates, estimation, fisheries, gross state, previous year, registers, s gross, secondary sector, secondary sectors, state assembly, water supply