Chhatisgarh to get Rs.57.1 bn for nine cement plantsAugust 9th, 2008 - 3:05 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Aug 9 (IANS) Nine Indian cement companies will invest a total of Rs.57.1 billion to set up nine cement plants in Chhattisgarh, a minister in the state government said here Saturday. “The state government has signed separate memoranda of understanding (MoUs) with nine cement companies late Friday for setting up nine cement units with a total investment of Rs.57.1 billion,” Rajesh Munat, the state’s minister of state for industry (independent charge), told IANS.
UltraTech Cement Ltd will pump in Rs.11 billion, Shyam Century Infrastructure Ltd will invest Rs.5.5 billion, Adhunik Corporation Rs.7 billion, Aryan Ispat and Power Ltd Rs.5 billion, Bajrang Metallics and Power Ltd Rs.7.35 billion, Jayprakash Associates Ltd Rs.10.5 billion, Kasturi Cement Pvt. Ltd Rs.1.5 billion, KP Cement Rs.3.25 billion and MSP Steel and Power Ltd Rs.6 billion, he said.
Munat said that dozens of more cement majors have lined up to invest in the state and the government will soon take a decision on these projects.
- Andhra inks MoUs for Rs.6.5 lakh crore investment (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- Macquarie SBI, SBI to invest Rs.125 crore in Adhunik power unit - Aug 09, 2010
- Competition panel levies Rs.6,000 crore penalty on cement firms - Jun 21, 2012
- Adhunik Metaliks' arm plans IPO - Feb 11, 2010
- Modi's global investor summit promises Gujarat $333 bn (Roundup) - Jan 12, 2011
- Andhra inks MoUs for Rs.6.5 lakh crore investments - Jan 13, 2012
- Orissa signs deals to generate 4,800 MW power (Lead) - Apr 09, 2010
- Rs.6,000 crore penalty on 11 cement firms for price fixing (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Grasim board meets Tuesday to consolidate cement business - Oct 05, 2009
- Orissa signs agreements for five thermal power projects - Apr 09, 2010
- Jaypee Group to invest Rs.33,000 crore in Gujarat - Jan 15, 2011
- Bihar expects industrial turnaround; $50 bn investments in pipeline: Industry Minister (Interview) - Jan 20, 2012
- Orient Green Power to up capacity to 1,000 MW by 2013 - Aug 21, 2010
- Karnataka gets Rs.5-trillion worth investment proposals (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- VISA Power faces court case for felling trees - Feb 21, 2011
Tags: 1 billion, bn, cement majors, cement plants, dozens, indian cement companies, infrastructure ltd, ispat, memoranda of understanding, metallics, minister of state, mous, msp, power ltd, pvt ltd, rajesh, rs 1, rs 6, state government, ultratech cement