Chennai Port acquires 125 acres for dry portSeptember 21st, 2010 - 5:19 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Sep 21 (IANS) The Chennai Port Trust has acquired 125 acres paying Rs.100 crore to build an integrated dry port and multi-modal logistics hub at Sriperumbudur, around 50 km from here.
“The Rs.380 crore project (including land cost) will be developed in public-private-partnership (PPP) mode,” Shipping Minister G.K. Vasan told reporters here Tuesday after handing over the cheque to State Industries Promotion Corporation of Tamil Nadu (SIPCOT) officials.
According to him, consultants for preparing the detailed project report have been appointed and it will be followed by the invitation for Request for Quotation.
With car manufacturers like Hyundai Motor India and Ford India shipping out their vehicles through Chennai Port, Vasan said the Chennai Port Trust has invited Expression of Interest for development of roll on-roll off cum multi-purpose berth with a multi-level car park.
The project is estimated to cost around Rs.100 crore.
He said the Chennai Port targets to ship out around 300,000 vehicles per year.
A barge jetty-cum-liquid cargo terminal at an outlay of Rs.25 crore is also being proposed on PPP mode and consultants to prepare feasibility reports will be appointed, Vasan said.
Asked about the Chennai-Ennore Port Road Connectivity Project, Vasan said: “Fresh tenders for the project roads will be invited. Land acquisition is progressing at a fast pace. The Chennai Port has contributed Rs.48 crore to the special purpose vehicle (SPV) as its share.”
He said the Port Trust has given a letter of commitment to the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) to contribute its share of the total project cost of Rs.600 crore.
- Chennai Port capacity to be expanded with Rs.100 billion - Jan 19, 2011
- Chennai-Ennore Port road project to be done next year: Vasan - Jun 29, 2012
- Shipping ministry calls meeting for Chennai port road project - Jan 12, 2010
- Six PPP port projects to be sanctioned this year: Vasan - Feb 20, 2012
- Port connectivity projects will be completed - Jan 23, 2012
- Rs.750 crore sanctioned for ship repair unit in Kerala - Sep 14, 2012
- Tamil Nadu port projects to be completed in two years: Vasan - Feb 08, 2010
- Ennore Port's three new terminals go on stream - Jan 28, 2011
- SPV formed for road project in Madhya Pradesh - Aug 17, 2012
- Mega container terminal for Chennai port approved - Oct 12, 2010
- Car exports via Ennore Port from August 2010: Vasan - Sep 18, 2009
- Cabinet nod for petrochemical region in Tamil Nadu - Jul 04, 2012
- Tamil Nadu to strengthen roads for Toshiba JSW Turbine's project - Jan 12, 2012
- Privatisation of loss-making Goa port plant only a last resort: MP - Nov 10, 2011
- CAG unravels Rs.14,000 crore cost overruns in hydro projects - Aug 31, 2012
Tags: cargo terminal, chennai port trust, crore project, detailed project, expression of interest, feasibility reports, ford india, hyundai motor, hyundai motor india, jetty, land acquisition, letter of commitment, liquid cargo, national highway authority of india, nhai, outlay, public private partnership, special purpose vehicle, sriperumbudur, vasan