Chennai Petroleum plans capex of Rs.760 crore this fiscalAugust 14th, 2012 - 10:28 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Aug 14 (IANS) Oil refining company Chennai Petroleum Corporation Ltd (CPCL) plans a capital expenditure of Rs.760 crore this fiscal on various projects, said a top company official.
Speaking to reporters here Tuesday, CPCL managing director A.S. Basu said: “Nearly 50 percent of the investment will go towards the company’s resid upgradation project. The company will also invest in laying the crude oil pipeline connecting Chennai port with the refinery.”
The resid upgradation project, expected to go on stream next year, is awaiting the environmental clearance from the central government, he said.
He said once the environmental clearance is obtained, the project would be completed in 30 months time.
The project would help CPCL to increase its gross refinery margin by around $1-2 per barrel, said D. Lilly, director (finance).
The crude oil pipeline project would involve an outlay of around Rs.126 crore replacing the existing pipeline but is waiting for the Coastal Regulatory Zone (CRZ) nod from the central government.
- Rs.120 billion petroleum refinery to come up in Andhra - Nov 17, 2011
- Bathinda refinery to be inaugurated in April - Mar 29, 2012
- Chennai Petroleum plans 9 million tonne refinery - May 18, 2010
- PM launches Rs.21,500 crore Bathinda refinery - Apr 28, 2012
- PM to inaugurate Bathinda refinery - Apr 19, 2012
- Assam refinery to explore potential markets in neighbouring countries - Sep 08, 2012
- Petrol bunks go dry in three Tamil Nadu districts - May 28, 2012
- Emami eyes 15 percent share in packaged edible oil market - Aug 19, 2010
- Rs.10,000 cr power plant proposal for Tamil Nadu - May 24, 2010
- Japan, South Korea plan big oil investments in Venezuela - Apr 30, 2012
- Petrol bunks go dry in three Tamil Nadu districts(Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Bina refinery's two units go on-stream - Jan 30, 2011
- Manmohan inaugurates Madhya Pradesh refinery (Lead) - May 20, 2011
- Manmohan inaugurates Bina refinery, announces Bundelkhand package - May 20, 2011
- Andhra inks MoUs for Rs.6.5 lakh crore investments - Jan 13, 2012
Tags: capital expenditure, central government, chennai, corporation ltd, cpcl, crude oil pipeline, director finance, environmental clearance, lilly, managing director, nod, oil refining company, outlay, petroleum corporation, pipeline project, refinery margin, resid, upgradation