Chelsea star Essien is a serial love cheat, says girlfriendJune 23rd, 2008 - 4:48 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 23 (ANI): Chelsea soccer ace Michael Essien has been described as a shameless serial love cheat by his long-term girlfriend Veralie Dela Ackumey.
According to 25-year-old Auckmey, a law student, Essien, 25, cheated on her at least fifty times throughout a torrid three-year relationship.
She claimed that he netted women on dating websites.
“He has lied through his teeth to cover up what went between us. He may be a successful footballer, but as a person he is a failure. He cheated on me so many times- more than 50,” Dela told the News of the World.
The final whistle came after a mesmeric performance by Essien, when he was juggling 25-year-old Cassie, Ghanaian actress Nadia Buari and blonde personal trainer Lurata Murati, 28, behind her back.
Dela met the Ghana international in their home city Accra in 2003.
She says: “He wasn’t that famous back then and I knew nothing about football-but we talked about the world and what we wanted from life. It was natural when we made love and everything clicked between us.”
During their passionate romance he whisked Dela off to live with him in Lyon where he played for the top French side.
It was then that Dela started getting the first inklings of what he really wanted from life.
“He was getting messages from girls all the time-one from a Ugandan flight attendant he picked up after an international match,” she says.
“I found text messages saying ‘I miss you’. But when I confronted him he made a great show of how bad he felt about cheating, she added.
In August 2005 Essien landed his 25-million-pound dream move from Lyon to Chelsea, taking Dela with him.
The couple moved to a 1.5 million pound home in Cobham, Surrey, near Chelsea’s training ground. But soon Essien’s womanising worsened and, he started using Internet dating sites.
The betrayals got too much for Dela and the couple split in late 2006.
Dela, who now lives and studies in London, says: “I believe in forgiveness, but it’s not fair that he should use and discard other people in the way he does. His fans should know what he’s really like.” (ANI)
- Michael Essien named 'Lance' for driving pushbike instead of his Lamborghini - Aug 15, 2010
- Won't play for another English club: Drogba - May 23, 2012
- Mourinho plans 50 million pound Chelsea raid for Real Madrid - May 26, 2010
- Chelsea squad not good enough: Ancelotti - Apr 20, 2011
- Mourinho may return to UK Premier League in 2012 - Mar 12, 2011
- Dutch FA investigating Chelsea buy out of 15-year-old kid - Feb 16, 2011
- Ashley Cole refuses to talk about Cheryl betrayal - Feb 25, 2010
- Terry might quit national side - Feb 04, 2012
- Hough instructs Cheryl not to reconcile with Ashley - Jul 11, 2011
- Ashley, Cheryl Cole back together? - Feb 14, 2011
- Ashley, Cheryl reunite, plan to start family (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Drogba arrives in China to rousing reception - Jul 14, 2012
- Ghana midfielder Michael Essien ruled out of World Cup through injury - May 28, 2010
- Chelsea boss hints at summer overhaul - Feb 18, 2012
- Muamba showing signs of recovery - Mar 20, 2012
Tags: accra, betrayals, chelsea star, cobham surrey, dating sites, flight attendant, footballer, french side, inklings, june 23, michael essien, murati, news of the world, passionate romance, personal trainer, term girlfriend, text messages, time one, using internet, whistle