Check your drivers, BPO firms toldDecember 6th, 2010 - 10:14 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, Dec 6 (IANS) BPO companies have been told to prepare a database of all employees including drivers and security personnel so as to prevent molestation of women.
This follows the rape of a call centre employee, police said Monday.
Gurgaon Police have also asked BPO owners to formulate a committee in their organizations to hear sexual harassment cases.
“Apart from this, we have asked them to prepare a database of drivers, security personnel and employees,” Gurgaon Police Commissioner S.S. Deswal said.
The commissioner made it clear that every company will be responsible for its manpower.
“Database of drivers will be prepared by the transporters with whom those drivers are employed,” Deswal said.
The companies have been told to deploy their most experienced and reliable drivers to ferry women employees.
–Indo-Asian Newes Service
- Gurgaon police to issue fresh guidelines to cab drivers - Nov 25, 2010
- Exclusive autos for women in Gurgaon - Dec 16, 2010
- Ensure safe pickup, drop facilities for women employees: Delhi Police - Dec 09, 2010
- Safety of women BPO employees inadequate, say activists - Nov 25, 2010
- Gurgaon toll plaza attendant's killers held, pistol untraced - Sep 26, 2011
- Norms for women employees' safety being ignored: Police - Mar 04, 2011
- Trial run for CWG lanes to begin next week - Aug 26, 2010
- Citibank manager's parents summoned by police - Jan 04, 2011
- Women can work round the clock in Gurgaon: Police chief - Mar 15, 2012
- Women staffers welcome police orders on pick-and-drop - Dec 10, 2010
- Game near, Delhi Police seeks to optimise manpower, resources - Jul 28, 2010
- Now, Delhi Police to trail BPO vehicles - Dec 02, 2010
- BPO rapped, cab driver held for not dropping woman home - Jan 11, 2011
- First complaint lodged in Citibank fraud case (Lead) - Jan 04, 2011
- First complaint lodged in Citibank fraud case, top brass named (Second Lead) - Jan 04, 2011