Chandy to lead ‘Emerging Kerala’ road show in Mumbai (Lead)May 13th, 2012 - 5:15 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai/Thiruvananthapuram, May 13 (IANS) Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy will Tuesday lead an “Emerging Kerala” road show in India’s financial capital Mumbai.
Chandy along with Industries and IT Minister P.K. Kunhalikutty and Finance Minister K.M. Mani, among others, will launch the road show by holding an interactive session with India Inc. to unfold a raft of potentials and opportunities that Kerala has on offer for making investments.
The meeting is part of a string of domestic and international road shows, business meets and conclaves the Kerala government has planned for “Emerging Kerala”. It is a three-day global connect opportunity for business leaders, investors and policymakers scheduled in the commercial hub of Kochi Sept 12-14, which will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
“Emerging Kerala” is being organised by the Kerala government with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Nasscom as its partners.
The state-owned Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation (KSIDC) is the nodal agency for the summit, which is intended as a biennial event.
Those sharing their Kerala success stories would include leading entrepreneurs, B.K. Patodia, chairman and managing director, GTN Textiles, Sanjaya Mariwala, managing director, Kancor Ingredients ltd and Navas Meeran, chairman, Eastern Group.
The Kerala government has finalized a number of mega projects for which it is seeking domestic and foreign investments. Some of these projects include the High Speed Rail Corridor connecting Thiruvanthapuram to Mangalore, Mono Rail at Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi-Palakkad National Investment and Manufacturing Zone (NIMZ), Kochi Metro Rail, and Kannur International Airport.
Singapore, Taiwan and Canada have already shown interest in Kerala with a number of investment proposals.
- Emerging Kerala campaign to be launched in Mumbai - May 13, 2012
- Kerala has a lot to offer, Chandy tells business leaders (Lead, With images) - May 15, 2012
- Kerala seeks approval for Rs.53,825 crore infrastructure project - Aug 20, 2012
- Emerging Kerala investment meet to see 51 nations taking part - Aug 31, 2012
- Kerala looking for private investment in mega projects - Aug 13, 2012
- Kerala's agenda tailor-made to attract investments: Chandy (With Images) - May 15, 2012
- KSIDC to work on projects worth Rs.100,000 crore - Jul 25, 2011
- Kerala CM to make major pitch for investment - Apr 16, 2012
- Kerala expecting huge overseas investment: Chandy - Apr 20, 2012
- Australia wants to partner Kerala in agro-based services - Jun 18, 2012
- Chandy invites India Inc to invest in Kerala - May 14, 2012
- Kerala mulling cutting operating costs of IT firms - Jan 19, 2012
- Kerala promises single window clearance to lure investors - Apr 21, 2012
- 21 countries register for Kerala investment meet: Chandy - Jul 31, 2012
- Kerala to hold road shows in 23 nations to lure investment - Mar 09, 2012
Tags: biennial event, commercial hub, confederation of indian industry, eastern group, foreign investments, high speed rail, india inc, investment proposals, kannur, kerala government, kunhalikutty, manmohan singh, metro rail, mono rail, nasscom, national investment, nodal agency, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, rail corridor