Chandraprasad new CMD of National InsuranceJune 5th, 2009 - 9:43 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 5 (IANS) N.S.R. Chandraprasad Friday took over as chairman-cum-managing director of National Insurance Co, succeeding V. Ramasaamy who demitted office May 31.
Chandraprasad joined the general insurance industry in 1978 as an assistant administrative officer, and worked with New India Assurance Co in a career spanning more than 30 years.
He has held a number of senior positions in marketing, operations, reinsurance, personnel and technical sectors in India as well as abroad, according to a National Insurance release.
Before joining National Insurance as CMD, Chandraprasad served as director and general manager of New India Assurance Co.
- GIC having a relook at obligatory reinsurance contracts - Aug 17, 2012
- Non-life insurers need to be prudent in underwriting risks: GIC - Aug 18, 2012
- Indian insurers taking stock of Japanese tsunami - Mar 11, 2011
- National Insurance assessing loss in AMRI fire - Apr 20, 2012
- New India Assurance Co. is headless for over two months - Dec 20, 2009
- GIC Re covered for Japan risks: Chairman - Mar 15, 2011
- M.V. Tanksale is new CMD of Central Bank Of India - Jun 29, 2011
- Bagra given charge of NALCO chairman - Feb 27, 2011
- Top level changes at two atomic power operators (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Top government officials quizzed on cheating charges - Jan 14, 2011
- Kailash Chandra Purohit to head NPCIL - Jun 25, 2012
- B.L. Bagra given additional charge of NALCO Chairman - Feb 27, 2011
- AI staff morale, financial health top priority: New chief - Aug 12, 2011
- NALCO chief's tenure extended - Oct 11, 2011
- Cambodia establishes first life insurance firm - Aug 14, 2011
Tags: administrative officer, cmd, general insurance, insurance, insurance co, insurance industry, kolkata, managing director, marketing, national insurance, new india assurance, reinsurance, technical sectors