CFM International to set up training centre in HyderabadFebruary 11th, 2009 - 7:56 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Feb 11 (IANS) Aircraft engine manufacturer CFM International will set up a maintenance training centre here to support all its customers in the South Asian region, it was announced Wednesday.
Known as CFM56, the centre will come up in the aerospace park being developed by GMR Hyderabad International Airport Ltd (GHIAL) in the aviation special economic zone (SEZ).
GHIAL has signed an agreement with CFM in this regard.
CFM is the first tenant at the aerospace park. GHIAL, the developer of the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport here, said it would build the facility and lease it to CFM.
“This very important agreement with CFM will benefit India’s entire aviation industry. This will help airline companies considerably reduce costs, conserve time, valuable foreign exchange and create huge employment opportunities for Indian youth,” GMR Group chairman G.M. Rao said.
“This is also a significant leap in our vision to develop the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport as a hub for maintenance, repair and overhauling (MRO) facility in South Asia,” he said.
Added P.S. Nair, chief executive of GHIAL: “This facility marks the beginning of our plans to create a comprehensive international aviation support cluster in Hyderabad. We have two SEZs of 250 acres each, and our plan is to bring here in India, all aviation and avionics related activities which are currently outsourced overseas.”
CFM vice-president for India Paul-Andre Chevrin said once the facility was fully operational, it would be capable of training up to 500 engineers each year.
CFM is a 50:50 joint company between Snecma of France and GE Aviation of the US.
- 'India aiming to be among top five aviation markets' - Mar 14, 2012
- Hyderabad airport handled 8.6 million passengers last year - Apr 12, 2012
- Hyderabad international airport bags award - Feb 29, 2012
- Hyderabad airport signs MoU with Jet for fleet maintenance - Jan 22, 2010
- Hyderabad airport gets greenhouse certification - Apr 02, 2012
- Mumbai to host major aviation conference - Mar 06, 2011
- GMR launches 'Fly via Hyderabad' campaign in Chhattisgarh - Jan 27, 2012
- Cathay Pacific announces Hyderabad-Hong Kong flight - Aug 23, 2012
- Dreamliner, Sukhoi Superjet to be showcased at India Aviation - Mar 10, 2012
- Hyderabad airport to increase user development fee - Oct 27, 2010
- Hyderabad airport aiming to become a cargo hub - Apr 12, 2012
- India's need for aerospace engineers to grow: Experts - Feb 05, 2012
- Karnataka to have aerospace policy to woo investments - Aug 24, 2012
- Air India's new MRO coming up in Nagpur - Sep 04, 2012
- Indian aviation's MRO business set to soar - Apr 08, 2012
Tags: aircraft engine, airline companies, aviation industry, aviation support, cfm international, engine manufacturer, group chairman, hyderabad, international airport ltd, international aviation, m rao, maintenance repair, maintenance training, p s nair, rajiv gandhi international airport, sezs, snecma, South Asia, south asian region, special economic zone