CESC’s consolidated net profit down 11 percentJune 13th, 2012 - 9:29 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 13 (IANS) The net profit of RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group’s power utility company CESC Ltd declined by 11 percent in the 2011-12 fiscal compared to the year-ago period, the company said Wednesday.
CESC registered a net profit of Rs.277 crore in 2010-11, which came down to Rs.245 crore in 2011-12, according to the consolidated and audited results declared by the company.
The dip in profit was notwithstanding a 13 percent increase in total income from operations — from Rs.5,179 crore in 2010-11 to Rs.5,892 crore in 2011-12.
The company’s expenses went up by 13.58 percent in 2011-12 to Rs.5,260 crore as against Rs.4,631 crore a year back, mainly due to the rise in fuel cost.
The company said the fuel cost increased during the year due to steep rise in coal and freight cost.
However, the flagship company of the group saw its stand alone net profits going up by 13 percent in 2011-12 to Rs.554 crore. In 2010-11 the figure was Rs.488 crore.
The company said that in 2011-12, its generation increased marginally by only two percent due to sluggish demand.
The company’s board has recommended a dividend of Rs.5 per share (50 percent) for the year.
- Jay Shree Tea fetches higher returns - Jul 26, 2012
- RIL fourth quarter net profit down 21.2 percent - Apr 20, 2012
- NTPC's third quarter net falls 10.16 percent - Jan 27, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki's Q4 net profit down three percent - Apr 28, 2012
- CESC net up 137 percent in Q4 backed by tariff hike - May 08, 2012
- Jet Airways reports Rs.713.60 crore Q2 net loss - Nov 11, 2011
- Mahindra and Mahindra's Q4 net up 44.17 percent - May 30, 2012
- DLF's Q1 net profit down 55 percent - Aug 02, 2011
- CESC's Q3 net profit down 33 percent - Feb 13, 2012
- Kingfisher Airlines third quarter loss at Rs.444 crore - Feb 16, 2012
- BEL net dips 16 percent in 2011-12 - Apr 24, 2012
- HDFC Bank Q4 profit up 30 percent - Apr 18, 2012
- Granules India's revenues rise 37 percent - Apr 24, 2012
- Hero MotoCorp's fourth quarter net up 20 percent - May 02, 2012
- ONGC reports 26 percent drop in Q4 profit - May 30, 2011