CESC to spend Rs.20 bn to upgrade distribution networkNovember 10th, 2008 - 5:23 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Nov 10 (IANS) Power utility CESC Ltd plans to spend Rs.20 billion over the next three to five years to strengthen its distribution network, a top company official said here Monday.”We will source the fund through internal accruals,” CESC vice-chairman Sanjiv Goenka told reporters at a press briefing.
The company will utilise the fund for network augmentation and setting up of more control systems, he added.
CESC Monday signed an agreement with SP Global Solutions (SPGS), a subsidiary of Singapore Power, one of Asia Pacific’s leading energy utilities, for consultancy support to improve power distribution in the CESC licensed area.
CESC is the flagship company of RPG Entreprises and supplies electricity to Kolkata and suburbs. It will pay an annual fee of Rs.60 million to SPGS for its consultancy service.
“This is mostly a technology transfer agreement,” Goenka said, adding that the company expected to cut down on power disruption through the tie-up.
SPGS provides training and consultancy services to utility companies in China, the Gulf region and Southeast Asia to help them upgrade their energy infrastructure and expand capacity to support growth.
“With assets of about S$29 billion, Singapore Power operates in a licensed area of 600 square kilometre, which is comparable to CESC’s licensed area of 567 square kilometre,” Goenka said.
- CESC to sign agreement with US trade and development agency - Mar 23, 2012
- CESC plans to raise Rs.1,200 crore in equity - Dec 07, 2010
- CESC posts Rs.102 crore net profit in third quarter - Jan 22, 2010
- CESC sees 11 percent rise in profit before tax - Feb 10, 2011
- CESC posts Rs.126 crore net profit in quarter two - Oct 29, 2009
- CESC net up 137 percent in Q4 backed by tariff hike - May 08, 2012
- CESC acquires two hydroelectric projects - May 16, 2012
- CESC to set up its first hydropower unit - Dec 07, 2010
- CESC to buy stake in Australian mining firm for $10 mn - Jun 09, 2011
- Sanjiv Goenka launches new group (Lead) - Jul 13, 2011
- Kolkata power firm may hike tariff - Aug 09, 2011
- Spencer's Retail likely to break even by this fiscal-end - Apr 29, 2010
- Haldia Energy to raise Rs.1,000 crore - Nov 03, 2010
- Shanghai Electric to supply equipment for Haldia plant - Sep 15, 2011
- CESC to foray into solar power generation - Jul 23, 2010