CESC to sign agreement with US trade and development agencyMarch 23rd, 2012 - 5:35 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, March 23 (IANS) RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group Power Company CESC, which serves 2.5 million consumers in the twin cities of Kolkata and Howrah, will sign an agreement next week with the US Trade and Development Agency (USTDA) to fund a feasibility study for a smartgrid pilot project.
The US financial grant, amounting to US $618,860, will fund a feasibility study for implementation of the smartgrid technologies across the company’s electricity distribution network in its licensed area.
The agreement is scheduled to be signed in Delhi Monday in the presence of the visiting US Secretary of Commerce, John Bryson, who is leading a big US trade mission.
USTDA Regional Director Henry Steingass will sign the agreement on behalf of the US Government, while the power utility will be represented by Executive Director - Distribution Services Dilip Kumar Sen.
Asserting that the company was keen to apply modern smartgrid technologies to enhance the reliability and efficiency of its power distribution system, Sen said: “The Company has already invested heavily in deploying state-of-the-art plant and equipment, including modern telecommunication system, distribution automation and smart metering solutions.”
“The feasibility study through the USTDA financial grant will facilitate bench-marking, as also adoption of best international technologies, solutions and practices,” Sen added.
- US to help India develop clean energy projects - Mar 26, 2012
- US to fund feasibility studies in India's energy sector - Jul 19, 2011
- US, Indian agencies to exchange technology - Feb 08, 2011
- US, India sign aviation safety pact - Nov 17, 2011
- High tariffs will harm India-US business ties: US commerce secretary - Mar 26, 2012
- CESC gears up to handle 3,000 MW distribution capacity - Jul 27, 2012
- CESC acquires two hydroelectric projects - May 16, 2012
- GVK Energy to set up two thermal power plants in Andhra - Jan 13, 2012
- US sets up panel to probe unfair trade practices - Feb 29, 2012
- US developing cold storage facilities in India - Jul 19, 2011
- India, US enhance bilateral ties through six pacts - Nov 08, 2010
- China, Colombia agree to boost oil cooperation - May 10, 2012
- USTDA grant promotes development of India's helicopter sector - Aug 28, 2009
- Clinton asks India to lower trade barriers - Jul 19, 2011
- India has vast win-win commercial potential, says US - Apr 13, 2012
Tags: 5 million, art plant, dilip kumar, distribution automation, distribution services, electricity distribution network, feasibility study, goenka, group power, john bryson, pilot project, power distribution system, regional director, sanjiv, secretary of commerce, system distribution, telecommunication system, twin cities, us government, us secretary of commerce