CESC gears up to handle 3,000 MW distribution capacityJuly 27th, 2012 - 10:22 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 27 (IANS) CESC Ltd, an R.P.-Sanjiv Goenka Group company, Friday said it is gearing up for building the back-end infrastructure which would be capable of handling distribution capacity of 3,000 MW power in the next five years.
“We have to think ahead of our times. Thus we are aiming to have a distribution capacity of 3,000 MW in the next five years. We will be investing around Rs.1,500 crore in Kolkata itself,” CESC Ltd vice president Sanjiv Goenka told reporters after the company’s annual general meeting here.
The Kolkata-based company has submitted it bids for a distribution project in Jharkhand.
“We are bidding for distribution licences for Dhanbad, Ranchi and Jamshedpur,” Goenka informed.
He said construction work for the 600 MW Chandrapur project in Maharashtra was on schedule and was likely to get commissioned by end of 2013.
Construction for another 600 MW project at Haldia in West Bengal has also started and the date of commissioning has been scheduled at November 2014.
The company has reported a net profit of Rs.125 crore in the first quarter of the current fiscal compared with Rs.111 crore in a year ago period.
“The first quarter has been good for us as our profit after tax (PAT) has increased by around 13 percent,” Goenka said.
- CESC's Haldia thermal power project by 2013-14 - Jul 29, 2011
- CESC net up 137 percent in Q4 backed by tariff hike - May 08, 2012
- Shanghai Electric, Punj Lloyd bag CESC projects - Feb 10, 2011
- CESC sees 11 percent rise in profit before tax - Feb 10, 2011
- Shanghai Electric to supply equipment for Haldia plant - Sep 15, 2011
- CESC acquires two hydroelectric projects - May 16, 2012
- CESC to set up its first hydropower unit - Dec 07, 2010
- Haldia Energy to raise Rs.1,000 crore - Nov 03, 2010
- Kolkata power firm may hike tariff - Aug 09, 2011
- CESC's net profit dips 26 percent in Q2 - Nov 09, 2011
- CESC's consolidated net profit down 11 percent - Jun 13, 2012
- CESC posts Rs.102 crore net profit in third quarter - Jan 22, 2010
- CESC's Q3 net profit down 33 percent - Feb 13, 2012
- CESC to import coal from South African mine from 2014 - Apr 29, 2011
- CESC acquires over 50 percent stake in DIPL - Aug 29, 2009
Tags: annual general meeting, cesc ltd, construction work, crore, dhanbad, distribution capacity, distribution project, goenka, group company, haldia, jamshedpur, jharkhand, mw project, net profit, next five years, ranchi, rs 1, rs 125, sanjiv, west bengal