Centre to fix MSP for two varieties of cottonNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:15 am ICT by admin
The two varieties are - the one with a staple length of 24.5-25.5mm and micronaire value of 4.3-5.1 — and another having staple length of 29.5-30.5mm and micronaire value 3.5-4.3.
Along with the recommendation of MSP for the above two classes of cotton, the CACP will specify the varieties of cotton falling in these two classes on year-to-year basis, a CCEA release said.
This will help the farmers and the procurement agencies to identify the cotton crops by their classes, the release added.
For other classes of cotton, the Textile Commissioner will fix the MSP based upon the MSP fixed by CACP.
The base line moisture content of cotton should be eight per cent. The farmer selling cotton having moisture above eight per cent will get less price proportionately, while it will be a proportionate incentive if the moisture content of the produce is less than eight per cent, the release said.
The Ministry of Textiles would take steps to ensure that micronaire values are scientifically assessed to help the farmers, by providing the required infrastructure and facilities at the purchase centres. (ANI)
- Haryana seeks Rs.1,800 MSP for paddy - Feb 17, 2012
- Akali Dal rejects hike in paddy, cotton MSP - Jun 01, 2012
- Cabinet decides to raise minimum support price for Rabi crop - Oct 20, 2010
- Cabinet hikes rice purchase price to Rs.1,280 per quintal - Jun 14, 2012
- Minimum support prices for pulses, wheat raised - Oct 20, 2010
- MSP hiked to boost food production - Oct 25, 2011
- Working group finds MSP calculation flawed, unscientific - Aug 31, 2010
- Hooda seeks Rs.200 bonus on paddy - Oct 06, 2011
- Seven more Vidarbha farmers commit suicide in last 48 hours - Sep 08, 2011
- Akali Dal slams insufficient paddy support price hike - Jun 10, 2011
- Five farmers commit suicide in Vidarbha - Sep 02, 2011
- Badal asks PM to relax paddy procurement norms - Oct 24, 2010
- Purchase price for pulses hiked - Aug 03, 2012
- Bt Cotton has benefited farmers, raised yield: Study - Jun 07, 2012
- Lift cotton export ban, demand Vidarbha farmers - Feb 27, 2011
Tags: 5mm, cacp, ccea, cotton crops, cotton growers, farmers, incentive, moisture content, msp, procurement agencies, scientifically, staple length, textile commissioner, textiles, varieties of cotton