Ceat not to lower tyre pricesMarch 10th, 2010 - 8:16 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, March 10 (IANS) Tyre maker Ceat is not considering lowering prices of tyres despite a cut in excise duty in the central budget 2010-11, a company official said Wednesday.
“We do not see the excise duty cut going to impact tyre prices as prices of raw material like rubber are spiralling up,” said Subrata Basu, head of specialty, truck and bus radial tyres.
Most tyre makers had raised prices by 7-10 percent in December after a rise in rubber prices.
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, in his budget proposals last month, had halved the central excise duty on latex and rubber thread to 4 percent from 8 percent.
Here to announce sponsorship of an award to be given to transporters, Basu said Ceat’s upcoming plant at Halol in Gujarat would start rolling out passenger car radials first.
Radials for trucks and buses would be manufactured in the later half of 2010-11, he added.
Ceat had earlier said the Halol plant would start production in the July-September period.
- Daimler India's Bharat Benz trucks to roll on JK Tyres - Feb 06, 2012
- CEAT reports Rs. 41.5 cr net profit in Q4 - May 09, 2012
- MRF Ltd mulls overseas acquisitions - Oct 10, 2011
- JK Tyre actively looking for rubber plantation overseas - Jul 30, 2012
- Michelin to roll out radial truck tyres in 2012 - Jul 06, 2011
- Apollo Tyres mulls plants in east Europe, third quarter net down - Feb 11, 2011
- Apollo Tyres ups new plant investment to Rs.2,100 crore (Lead) - Jan 11, 2011
- CEAT to set up tyre plant in Bangladesh - Feb 09, 2012
- JK Group to invest Rs.1,300 crore in power sector foray - Apr 19, 2011
- Continental to acquire Modi Rubber's tyre subsidiary - Apr 18, 2011
- Continental plans 50 mn euros investment in India - Aug 24, 2011
- JK Tyre enters Tamil Nadu with Rs.1500 crore plant - Aug 04, 2010
- General Motors to launch small car Sail in Q3 - Mar 26, 2012
- J.K Tyres may raise prices by 3-4 percent - Sep 06, 2010
- Indian automobile sales zoom 31 percent in 2010 (Lead) - Jan 11, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,