CCEA to set up committee on Sterlite’s call for acquiring shares in BALCONovember 14th, 2007 - 2:50 am ICT by admin
At its weekly meeting here, the CCEA also gave its in-principle approval for Implementation of Central, Centrally Sponsored Scheme “Upgradation of 1396 Government ITIs through Public Private Partnership” for the XI Plan period.
The approval was given in a bid to improve the quality of vocational training in the country and make it demand driven so as to ensure better employability of the graduates.
The CCEA also approved implementation of the scheme for one year for the first batch of 300 ITI at a total cost of Rs.774.50 crore. Out of Rs.774.50 crore, Rs.750 crore will be used for upgradation of 300 ITIs and Rs.24.5 crore will be used for management, monitoring and evaluation of the scheme.
Under the Public Private Partnership mode, for each ITI to be upgraded, an Industry Partner will be associated to lead the process of upgradation. The Industry Partner will be selected by the State Government in consultation with the Industry Associations. An Institute Management Committee (IMC) will be constituted for each selected ITI.
The IMC will consist of industry partner or his representative, as the Chairperson, four members from local industry to be nominated by the industry partner, five members to be nominated by the State Government, and Principal, ITI as ex-officio member Secretary of the IMC.
After the approval, 300 selected ITIs will be upgraded through Public Private Partnership. Industry partner will be involved in all aspects of training from development of curriculum to trade testing.
Academic and financial autonomy given to the ITIs will improve their internal and external efficiency. The demand driven and improved quality of training will lead to better employability of ITI graduates. (ANI)
- Industrial Training Institutes to be upgraded - Oct 03, 2008
- Government okays Rs.1,000 crore job plan for Kashmir - Jul 07, 2011
- New job plan for Kashmir to train 40,000 youth (Lead) - Jul 07, 2011
- Rs.2,100 crore sanctioned for textiles parks - Oct 27, 2011
- Kerala to launch virtual classrooms in 34 ITIs - May 14, 2012
- NEEPCO to upgrade three ITIs in northeast India - Sep 14, 2010
- Haryana to set up 13 Industrial Training Institutes - Sep 18, 2010
- 8000 Jammu and Kashmir youth to be trained at ITIs across country: R.S. Chib - Mar 23, 2010
- CCEA approves medical colleges upgradation plan - Feb 18, 2010
- Centre to set up 137 new nursing institutes - Mar 04, 2010
- Girls exempt from fees in Gujarat ITIs - Aug 05, 2010
- Chhattisgarh to set up ITIs in Maoist-hit districts - May 28, 2011
- Cabinet okays Rs.1,400 crore interest subsidy for exporters - Dec 30, 2010
- Three-year extension to criminal tracking network (Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Shipping Corp, ITI scrips rise on stake sale, quota extension - Oct 06, 2010
Tags: 300, balco, ccea, committee, crore, demand driven, disinvestment, ex officio, external efficiency, financial autonomy, imc, implementation, industry partner, institute management, iti, itis, public private partnership, secretaries, state government, sterlite