CBS of urban cooperative banks to begin this monthDecember 7th, 2010 - 10:55 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, Dec 7(IANS) Union Agriculture minister Sharad Pawar will flag off the national launch of the Core Banking Solutions (CBS) drive of Of urban cooperative banks at their two-day national meet “Coop Core 2010″ beginning here on December 25.
The drive aims to link more than 7,000 branches of 1,674 urban cooperatives banks (UCBs) and by 2011, about 300 UCBs across India, including 50 percent of the 112 UCBs in Gujarat, are expected to have access to the CBS network.
At present, only about 80-90 of the bigger UCBs have this facility, said H.K. Patil, president of the National Federation of UCBs and Credit Societies Ltd (NUCBCS) at a press conference here Tuesday, adding that the interlinking is expected to double their deposits by Rs.3.06 lakh crore.
- Onion prices to come down soon, says Pawar - Dec 25, 2010
- WIPRO computerises five cooperative banks - Jul 31, 2012
- Sharad Pawar sore, others welcome change in Maharashtra bank - May 07, 2011
- Sensex soars in afternoon trade (Lead) - May 31, 2011
- Sensex at seven-month high, closes 139 points higher (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- Pawar dismisses Congress charges over MSC Bank - May 09, 2011
- Cooperative bank offers 24-hour cash deposit facility - May 10, 2012
- I'm a ruffian in politics: Ajit Pawar - Feb 20, 2011
- Uddhav Thackeray demands Ajit Pawar's resignation - May 08, 2011
- Rethink food security bill: Pawar - Oct 19, 2011
- Flood may cost Thai economy nearly $2 bn - Oct 10, 2011
- Rural banks in Bengal facing staff, skill deficit - Jul 03, 2011
- Sensex closes 207 points up, banking, realty, auto stocks rally (Roundup) - Apr 17, 2012
- No match at Eden Gardens, Pawar tells Buddhadeb - Jan 31, 2011
- West Bengal exhorts financial players to invest in state - Aug 23, 2012
Tags: agriculture minister, banking solutions, cbs, cbs network, coop, cooperative banks, cooperatives, core banking, credit societies, gujarat, India, national federation, national launch, sharad pawar, ucbs