CBI to quiz MP, five firms’ officials on coal blocksSeptember 5th, 2012 - 9:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 4 (IANS) The CBI has seized several incriminating documents during raids over the coal blocks allocation, and is planning to question five companies’ executives, including a Congress MP, in a fortnight, an officer said Wednesday.
“During the raids conducted on Tuesday, several incriminating documents and evidences, including laptops, computer hard disks and other crucial documents linked to the coal blocks allocation case have been recovered and seized,” a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) officer told IANS.
“More companies that got coal blocks allocated and persons connected with the allocations may come under the scanner,” he added.
Congress MP from Maharashtra Vijay Darda and 17 other senior executives of five private companies have already been named by the CBI in the five first information reports (FIRs) registered Monday.
The CBI was considering summoning them for questioning by Sep 20, the officer said.
The five FIRs, registered after three months of the initial probe into coal blocks allocation from 2006-09, named five firms, their directors and unknown government officials as having indulged in misrepresentation and dereliction of duty.
The five companies are: AMR Iron and Steel, Vini Iron and Steel Udyog, Nav Bharat Power, JLD Yavatmal Energy and JAS Infrastructure Capital. Vijay Darda, his brother and son, and 15 others have been named as accused, some of them in more than one FIR.
The CBI carried out searches for over six hours Tuesday.
Apart from Vijay Darda, the FIR against JLD Yavatmal mentioned the name his brother Rajendra Darda, son Devendra Darda, Manoj Jayaswal, Anand Jayaswal and Abhishek Jayaswal
Vijay Darda had recently stated that he was neither involved in any scam nor had any partnership with Union Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal or Tourism Minister Subodh Kant Sahai on coal blocks allocation.
The FIR against Vini Iron and Steel named Sanjeev Kumar Tulsyan, Prashant Tulsyan, Vaibhav Tulsyan, Nisha Tulsyan, Vimal Kumar Tulsyan, Nirmal Tulsyan, Hemant Kumar Aggarwal and Navin Kumar Tulsyan.
The Tulsyans had reportedly transferred their ownership of Vini Iron and Steel to a close aide of former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda ahead of the allocation of the coal blocks.
The FIR against JAS Infrastructure and Power named Manoj Kumar Jayaswal, Abhishek Jayaswal and Anand Jayaswal.
The Jayaswals are said to be close to Vijay Darda and his family.
Those named in the FIR against AMR Iron and Steel were Arvind Kumar Jayaswal, Manor Jayaswal, Ramesh Jayaswal and Devendra Darda.
Among those named in the FIR against Nav Bharat Power were P. Trivikrama Prasad and Y. Harish Chandra Prasad, the officer said.
- Congress distances itself from Darda over coal blocks allocations - Sep 05, 2012
- CBI names Congress MP in coal block cases, raids 30 sites (Roundup) - Sep 04, 2012
- CBI cases, raids against five firms in coal blocks allocation (Fourth Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- Five firms face CBI cases, raids in coal blocks allocation (Third Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- Maharashtra minister denies role in coal block cases - Sep 05, 2012
- Private firm directors in CBI net over coal blocks - Sep 18, 2012
- CBI books five companies allocated coal blocks (Second Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- BJP poses more questions to PM, Jaiswal over coal block allocations (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- BJP poses more questions to PM, Jaiswal over coal block allocations - Sep 11, 2012
- Hyderabad-based Nav Bharat comes under CBI scanner - Sep 05, 2012
- IMG deallocates 8th coal block, Plan panel for privatising mining - Sep 18, 2012
- FIRs against five companies allocated coal blocks (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- Team Anna rejects CBI probe in 'coalgate' (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Highlights of CAG's report on coal block allocations - Aug 17, 2012
- Freedom fighter Jawaharlal Darda's widow dead - Jul 19, 2012
Tags: abhishek, cbi, central bureau of investigation, computer hard disks, darda, dereliction of duty, evidences, information reports, initial probe, iron and steel, jaiswal, jld, maharashtra, manoj, nav bharat, sahai, sanjeev kumar, senior executives, subodh, tourism minister