‘Cauvery basin has potential to generate 1,100 MW’August 9th, 2008 - 7:44 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Aug 9 (IANS) The Cauvery basin in Tamil Nadu and Karnataka has the potential to generate 1,100 MW of hydel power, Minister of State for Power Jairam Ramesh said here Saturday. Ramesh was here to meet Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi to discuss the power projects in the state.
The projects that Ramesh refers to are Hogenakkal, Shivanasumudram, Mekedatu and Rasimanner located in the Cauvery basin in Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.
According to him, the two states and the National Hydro Power Corp should enter into an agreement for actualising these projects and also to avoid any future inter-state disputes pertaining to these projects.
He said the Kudankulam nuclear power project was progressing as per schedule.
- 'Tamil Nadu won't allow Mekedatu dam across Cauvery' - Mar 30, 2012
- End bias against Tamil Nadu: AIADMK - Aug 27, 2012
- Manmohan Singh warmly welcomed in Chennai - Dec 25, 2011
- Manmohan Singh winds up two-day Tamil Nadu visit (Roundup) - Dec 26, 2011
- 1922 built hydel project re-commissioned - Dec 16, 2011
- Meghalaya to develop chain of small hydro projects - Jun 05, 2011
- Tamil Nadu to study LNG power project feasibility - Mar 29, 2012
- Activists brief Jayalalithaa on Kudankulam hazards (Lead) - Feb 29, 2012
- Vijayakant held for black flag protest against PM - Dec 26, 2011
- Children petition against Kudankulam reactors - Aug 13, 2012
- Kudankulam activists brief Jayalalithaa on hazards, seek new panel (Second Lead) - Feb 29, 2012
- Andhra seeks 500 MW to tide over power shortage - Aug 22, 2012
- Tamil Nadu should act against nuke protestors: Minister - Mar 03, 2012
- High alert in Tamil Nadu n-plants - Apr 11, 2012
- N-power capacity failed to rise: Economic Survey - Mar 15, 2012