Cathay Pacific increases flight frequency to IndiaJune 4th, 2008 - 12:08 am ICT by IANS
Chennai, June 3 (IANS) Cathay Pacific Tuesday started a direct flight service between Hong Kong and Chennai as part of its plan to increase flight frequency to India. Cathay Pacific had recently announced a total of 20 new flights from India to Hong Kong.
The airline’s wholly owned subsidiary Dragonair will commence its India operations from July with daily flights to Bangalore.
Speaking on the occasion, Tom Wright, general manager (India, Middle East, Africa and Pakistan) Cathay Pacific said the airline will operate four flights between Hong Kong and Chennai.
This apart, the airline has started four cargo services between Hong Kong and Chennai.
The carrier brings in telecommunication equipments and other raw materials from Hong Kong to Chennai and carries cargo like machinery and leather.
The airlines increased the number of flights from Hong Kong to Delhi to 14 a week from four flights a week earlier.
It also took the number of flights to Mumbai from Hong Kong to 10 from four flights per week.
- Cathay Pacific announces Hyderabad-Hong Kong flight - Aug 23, 2012
- Dragonair to link Kolkata and Hong Kong - May 23, 2012
- Cathay Pacific launches cargo service to Hyderabad - May 17, 2012
- Finnair Cargo to launch India service - Aug 20, 2011
- Hong Kong's Dragonair starts Bangalore operations - Jul 02, 2008
- Cathay Pacific opts for Kerala IT firm's solution - Feb 07, 2011
- 20,000 Hong Kong airline staff asked to take unpaid leave - Apr 17, 2009
- Finnair starts maiden cargo service to India - Sep 16, 2011
- Air India to resume flights to most global destinations - Aug 12, 2012
- More Johannesburg-Mumbai flights - Jun 14, 2012
- Six international airlines keen to fly from Kolkata - Dec 26, 2011
- SriLankan to fly daily to Beijing, Shanghai - Jul 08, 2012
- Finnair starts service to western China city of Chongqing - May 17, 2012
- Despite strike, Air India passenger traffic grows - Jul 01, 2012
- Etihad to run daily Brisbane-Abu Dhabi flights - Aug 16, 2012
Tags: airline, airlines, cargo services, cathay pacific, chennai, direct flight, dragonair, east africa, flight service, flights from hong kong, india operations, june 3, middle east, pakistan, raw materials, subsidiary, telecommunication equipments, tom wright