Cathay Pacific apologises for flight cancellation (Lead)June 16th, 2009 - 10:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 16 (IANS) Cathay Pacific Airways, which cancelled its New Delhi-Hong Kong flight Monday night minutes before the scheduled take-off, Tuesday apologised for the “inconvenience” caused to nearly 220 passengers.
“We do sincerely apologise for all the inconvenience caused to our passengers,” Tom Wright, general manager (India, Middle East, Africa and Pakistan) of the Hong Kong-based airline, said in a statement.
He said the the flight was cancelled due to unexpected delay of an incoming flight.
“The incoming flight was delayed initially due to technical reasons,” Wright said.
He added that the airline crew provided alternative arrangements on other airlines to some passengers.
“The rest of the passengers were offered hotel accommodation in the interim period and those who chose to go to their homes were reimbursed for their transportation,” Wright said.
All passengers had checked in for boarding and were waiting to board the aircraft when the airline staff arrived to say that the flight stood cancelled.
The airline staff said the flight from Hong Kong did not arrive here due to which the flight from here to Hong Kong had to be cancelled. The flight was scheduled to leave at 11.55 p.m.
Passengers were harassed for over three hours at the airport before being checked out from immigration and sent to hotels at 3 a.m. Tuesday. Airline staff refused to give the contact numbers of the station manager or senior staff for passengers to contact.
- Passengers harassed as Cathay Pacific cancels flight - Jun 16, 2009
- Cathay Pacific announces Hyderabad-Hong Kong flight - Aug 23, 2012
- Dragonair to link Kolkata and Hong Kong - May 23, 2012
- Airlines warn against travel to snowed-in Britain - Dec 20, 2010
- European holiday makers' plans hit by heavy snowfall (Lead) - Dec 20, 2010
- Toilet blockages force Cathay Pacific Airbus to divert to Mumbai - Nov 25, 2009
- European economy gets hit by massive snowfall (Second Lead) - Dec 20, 2010
- Kingfisher woes force fliers to shift to rival airlines - Feb 20, 2012
- Passengers suffer as Air India cancels 76 flights (Lead) - May 26, 2010
- Cathay Pacific opts for Kerala IT firm's solution - Feb 07, 2011
- Jet to operate all flights to London despite strike - Nov 29, 2011
- Flights delayed at Delhi as T3 has blackout - Aug 07, 2011
- 90 percent of Air India's domestic flights disrupted Sunday - May 01, 2011
- Air India flies out stranded British Airways passengers - May 26, 2012
- AI's contingency plan in place, only one flight cancelled - May 16, 2012
Tags: airline crew, airline staff, airlines, alternative arrangements, apologised, apologises, cancellation, cathay pacific, cathay pacific airways, contact numbers, east africa, hotel accommodation, immigration, incoming flight, inconvenience, interim period, monday night, New Delhi, tom wright, unexpected delay