Castrol and Volvo in strategic partnershipNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:09 am ICT by admin
Under the agreement, Castrol will supply its highest technology product - Castrol Edge, for exclusive service fill to all Volvo dealers in India.
Prior to the approval from Volvo, Castrol Edge was successfully tested by Volvo for over 100,000 kms in field trials across India, over a period of one year. All Volvo cars sold in India will be pre-filled with Castrol lubricants.
Speaking on the occasion of the agreement signing, Paul de Voijs, Managing Director, Volvo Car India mentioned, “We are delighted that we have extended our global partnership to the Indian market. Volvo has partnered with Castrol globally and so when we launched Volvo cars in India, Castrol was our first choice.”
“We are confident that Castrol India will provide us with the highest level of quality and product technology backed by world class service which we receive from Castrol companies across the world. Castrol’s width and depth of distribution will ensure that Volvo dealers are well supported across the country,” he added.
A S Ramchander, Automotive Director, Castrol India Ltd. said, “I am very happy that Volvo Cars have made an entry into India. They believe in “responsible luxury” and focus strongly on safety - something that is very close to Castrol as well. Besides supplying products and services, we are also exploring possibilities of working together in the areas of Safety and Environment. “
“Castrol is the leading automotive lubricant brand in India and globally as well. Castrol Edge is a specially formulated, premium quality engine oil, engineered to meet the toughest and most demanding performance standards. Castrol EDGE guarantees that the car’s engine delivers everything it should, and a little bit more,” Ramchander added. (ANI)
- Volvo launches sedan S60 in India - Mar 11, 2011
- French firm Altran expanding India operations - Apr 26, 2012
- Eaton in talks with car makers for its superchargers - Sep 06, 2011
- Tide Water acquires Veedol from BP - Oct 25, 2011
- Workers' strike at Comstar Automotive enters day 13 - Aug 23, 2011
- Workers' strike at Comstar Automotive enters 10th day - Aug 20, 2011
- Volvo ropes in Srei BNP Paribas to offer finance - May 11, 2011
- Striking Comstar Automotive workers plan fast - Aug 19, 2011
- Lucas to market US firm's lubricants in India - Jun 07, 2011
- French firm Altran bets on india for growth - Jul 12, 2012
- Sachin is Castrol's brand ambassador - Dec 16, 2010
- Comstar Automotive strike continues for 14th day - Aug 24, 2011
- Karnataka should create jobs than seek investments: India Inc - Mar 15, 2012
- Greaves Cotton plans to expand construction equipment, diesel engine range - Apr 28, 2012
- Comstar Automotive summoned to attend meeting - Aug 27, 2011
Tags: car india, castrol india ltd, castrol lubricants, engine oil, field trials, global partnership, globally, i am very happy, product technology, quality engine, strategic partnership, supplying products, technology product, volvo car, volvo cars, volvo dealers, will ensure that