Carry gender auditing of government schemes: PranabNovember 19th, 2011 - 9:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 19 (IANS) Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee Saturday stressed the need of gender auditing and budgeting of policies and programmes of various central government ministries and departments.
He said that 56 government departments today have separate cells for gender budgeting in addition to 28 ministries in the central government.
Speaking at an official function organised by the women and child development ministry, Mukherjee expressed concern over the declining figure of child sex ratio coming down to 914 from 927 in the census 2011.
“On one hand the women of the nation are marching ahead in different fields, which is a matter of greater satisfaction while on the other hand declining number of girl child births is a matter of grave concern for all,” he said.
Mukherjee also launched a web portal of National Mission for Empowerment of Women which will showcase the schemes for women welfare being run by all ministries.
- Orient policies for women, NAC tells government - May 29, 2012
- India's population is 1.21 billion, gender imbalance worsens (Roundup) - Mar 31, 2011
- Declining child sex ratio matter of concern: Tirath - Mar 31, 2011
- Implement law against sex selection stringently: Azad - Sep 28, 2011
- President concerned over declining sex ratio - Jan 14, 2012
- Civil society calls for attention to declining sex ratio - Apr 01, 2011
- Declining sex ratio means we'll all become gays: Farooq - Apr 13, 2011
- Advisory board on pre-natal tests re-jigged - Apr 09, 2011
- Need to fight bias against girl child: President - Aug 14, 2011
- PM regrets declining sex ratio - Aug 15, 2011
- PM airs concern over declining sex ratio, writes to states - Sep 01, 2011
- New advisory board on pre-natal tests to meet Wednesday - Apr 19, 2011
- Child sex ratio worst since Independence: Census 2011 - Mar 31, 2011
- Rajya Sabha members express concern over poor sex ratio - Mar 19, 2012
- Students to track sex determination centres - Aug 17, 2011
Tags: auditing, births, cells, census, central government ministries, child development, child sex, development ministry, empowerment, finance minister, gender budgeting, girl child, government departments, government schemes, grave concern, New Delhi, pranab mukherjee, sex ratio, web portal, welfare