Carborundum Universal’s subsidiary to invest $50 mn in RussiaNovember 28th, 2008 - 9:05 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Nov 28 (IANS) City-based Carborundum Universal Ltd (CUMI), a leader in the abrasives and ceramics market, Friday said its Russian subsidiary Volzhsky Abrasive Works (VAW) will invest $50 million to build a new plant in that country.VAW has signed a memorandum of understanding with the administration of Volgograd region in Russia, where the proposed plant will come up, CUMI chairman M.M. Murugappan told reporters here.
“The 100,000-tonne per annum plant will be built at an outlay of $50 million in phases. The capacity after the first phase will be 40,000 tonnes per annum,” Murugappan said.
VAW has a 65,000-tonne per annum plant in the region, which also houses the company’s corporate office.
Last September, CUMI acquired 96 percent stake in VAW for $37 million.
CUMI managing director K. Srinivasan said the plant will require around 130 acres for the first phase.
VAW is expected to close this year with a turnover of $95 million.
- Carborundum grows net by 68 percent in 2010-11 - May 02, 2011
- Carborundum Universal turns acquisitive in South Africa - Jun 19, 2012
- Carborundum Universal to restructure Chinese joint venture - Jul 31, 2009
- Murugappa aims $7.7bn growth by 2014 - Sep 08, 2010
- Carborundum Universal's profit logs 56 percent Q3 growth - Jan 27, 2011
- Murugappa group scouting for overseas acquisition - May 05, 2011
- Carborundum Universal logs 60 percent growth in profit - Nov 05, 2011
- Carborundum Universal net down by 31 percent - Aug 07, 2012
- Dhunseri to commission Egypt plant next year - Aug 02, 2012
- Murugappa group plans Rs.1,000 capex in 2012-13 - May 10, 2012
- JSPL begins commercial production at Odisha plant - Aug 28, 2012
- Tractor major to invest Rs.160 crore in expansion - Apr 03, 2012
- Gail, Tidco to set up a JV power plant in Tamil Nadu - May 11, 2012
- Carborundum Universal posts Rs.52 crore net profit - Aug 05, 2011
- Indorama to invest Rs.1,000 crore in Himachal project - Apr 03, 2012