Carborundum Universal net down by 31 percentAugust 7th, 2012 - 8:01 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Aug 7 (IANS) City-based abrasives major Carborundum Universal Ltd closed the first quarter with 6 percent sales growth and 31 percent net profit fall as compared to previous year’s first quarter numbers.
In a statement issued here Tuesday, the company said its consolidated revenues went up by 6 percent to Rs.498 crore from Rs.469 crore on a quarter-on-quarter basis.
On the other hand, its net profit fell by around 31 percent to Rs.36 crore during the first quarter of current fiscal from Rs.52 crore logged during comparable period in 2011-12.
According to the company, sales growth was driven by the performance of both Indian and overseas subsidiaries.
However, margins came under pressure owing to rising input costs, strong dollar and a challenging customer market.
Profitability of both abrasives and electro-minerals came under pressure while the ceramics business witnessed an increase in profit.
- Carborundum Universal logs 60 percent growth in profit - Nov 05, 2011
- Carborundum Universal's profit logs 56 percent Q3 growth - Jan 27, 2011
- Carborundum grows net by 68 percent in 2010-11 - May 02, 2011
- Carborundum Universal posts Rs.52 crore net profit - Aug 05, 2011
- Carborundum Universal Q2 net profit grows 55 percent - Oct 27, 2010
- Tube Investments of India net down Rs.11.59 crore - Aug 06, 2012
- RIL fourth quarter net profit down 21.2 percent - Apr 20, 2012
- RIL fourth quarter net profit down 21.2 percent (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- Union Bank of India quarterly net profit up - May 09, 2012
- Tata Motors Q2 consolidated net profit down 15.55 percent - Nov 14, 2011
- Balmar Lawrie Q1 net up marginally - Aug 14, 2012
- Carborundum Universal to restructure Chinese joint venture - Jul 31, 2009
- BGR Energy's Q1 sales and net profit down - Aug 03, 2012
- ONGC reports Q1 net profit of Rs.6,078 crore - Aug 11, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's fourth quarter net profit down 45 percent - May 17, 2012
Tags: abrasives, carborundum universal, ceramics, comparable period, consolidated revenues, crore, customer market, first quarter, input costs, margins, market profitability, minerals, net profit, overseas subsidiaries, previous year, quarter basis, quarter numbers, strong dollar, universal ltd