Car sales dip nearly 24 percent in NovemberDecember 10th, 2008 - 4:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 10 (IANS) Car sales dipped 23.7 percent in November as compared to the corresponding month last year, data released by the auto sector’s representative body said Wednesday.According to the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), the domestic passenger vehicle sales fell to 99,983 units, as against 131,059 in the corresponding period last year.
However, exports for the month under review rose 120.8 percent to 34,828 units in sales, compared to 15,770 units the corresponding month last year.
For the cumulative sales from the month of April to November, passenger vehicle sales rose 1.09 percent to 1,004,885 units, as against 993,975 units in the corresponding period last year.
- Car sales growth lowest in last seven months - Jun 11, 2012
- Car sales grew only 3.40 percent in April - May 10, 2012
- High interest rate, fuel prices slow down car sales (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Car sales to fall in 10 years despite growth in January (Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- SIAM slashes car sales growth forecast to 9-11 percent - Jul 10, 2012
- Auto sales up 22.2 percent in November - Dec 08, 2011
- Passenger car sales down 9.26 percent in August - Sep 09, 2011
- Vehicle sales up 8.45 percent in December - Jan 10, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's October sales up 7 percent - Nov 02, 2011
- Tata Motors sales rise 4 percent in May, Nano sales jump - Jun 01, 2012
- Car sales grew 7.2 percent in January - Feb 08, 2012
- 'Automobile sales to rise 10-12 percent in 2012-13' - Apr 10, 2012
- Tata Motors' March global sales up one percent - Apr 15, 2011
- August car sales down over 18 percent: SIAM - Sep 10, 2012
- Auto sales remain subdued in June (Roundup) - Jul 02, 2012