Car exports via Ennore Port from August 2010: VasanSeptember 18th, 2009 - 8:50 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Sep 18 (IANS) Car exports from the Ennore Port in Tami Nadu will start from August 2010, Shipping Minister G.K. Vasan said here Friday.
“The construction of the car terminal at the Ennore Port is proceeding smoothly. The port has inked an agreement with Nissan India, which will use the terminal to ship out 180,000 cars,” Vasan told reporters.
Built at an outlay of Rs.110 crore, the car terminal will have a 175,000 sq metre parking yard.
According to Vasan, the Ennore Port has attracted private investments to the tune of Rs.1,200 crore for building coal, iron ore and marine liquid terminals.
Asked about the status of Haldia Dock Complex of the Kolkata Port Trust, that has been closed due to silt, Vasan said: “Dredging is going on and normalcy will be restored soon.”
Last fiscal, Ennore Port posted a profit after tax of Rs.41.46 crore on a revenue of Rs.142 crore.
Declaring the maiden dividend of 15 percent, the company’s chairman and managing director S. Velumani handed over the central share of Rs.4.15 crore to Vasan at a function here.
He also handed over a cheque for Rs.2.07 crore to Subash Kumar, chairman of the Chennai Port Trust, as its dividend share.
- Ennore Port's three new terminals go on stream - Jan 28, 2011
- Six PPP port projects to be sanctioned this year: Vasan - Feb 20, 2012
- Chennai Port capacity to be expanded with Rs.100 billion - Jan 19, 2011
- Chennai Port acquires 125 acres for dry port - Sep 21, 2010
- Port connectivity projects will be completed - Jan 23, 2012
- Chennai-Ennore Port road project to be done next year: Vasan - Jun 29, 2012
- 'Capital dredging proposal from Kolkata Port Trust awaited' - Feb 09, 2010
- Chennai Port to create capacity to facilitate car exports - Feb 22, 2010
- Rs.750 crore sanctioned for ship repair unit in Kerala - Sep 14, 2012
- Tamil Nadu port projects to be completed in two years: Vasan - Feb 08, 2010
- Deep sea port to come up on reclaimed land in Bengal - Feb 05, 2011
- Shipping ministry calls meeting for Chennai port road project - Jan 12, 2010
- New industrial policy soon, says Jayalalithaa - Jan 10, 2012
- Mega container terminal for Chennai port approved - Oct 12, 2010
- 'Projects worth Rs.132 bn approved for Tamil Nadu ports' - Oct 18, 2008
Tags: car exports, car terminal, chennai port trust, cheque, coal, dividend, ennore port, India, iron ore, kolkata, liquid terminals, managing director, nissan, normalcy, outlay, private investments, rs 1, rs 2, sq metre, vasan