Canon unleashes new advertising campaign for IXUS in IndiaNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:43 am ICT by admin
The commercial shot in a snazzy set up of an Ice Bar plays on the inspirational needs of the audiences and creates a direct association with the IXUS brand’s image of - style and substance.
Focusing on the lifestyle quotient of their audiences, the advertisement leverages on the concept of how people always yearn for the unattainable or desire for what they can not achieve.
Ravi Udyawar is the man behind the commercial and the still shoot has been conducted by Jatin Kampani, the famous fashion photographer.
Speaking on the new commercial launch, Alok Bharadwaj, Vice President, Canon India Pvt. Ltd. said, “Canon brand has been popular and well known for its cameras for the last 70 years mainly because of its premium technology. Our focus has been to establish products through the cutting edge technology and innovative ways.”
“We recognise that today’s consumer is looking for brand association beyond just technological superiority. Hence we have positioned IXUS range of digital cameras in such an innovative way. The target audience for the product is an emerging Indian who has high aspirations and wants to have his own style statement,” Bharadwaj added.
Dentsu Marcom is the creative agency that has created the innovative television commercial for IXUS. Canon will also be launching the print campaign on IXUS range of cameras. (ANI)
- Canon India to spend Rs.550 mn on ramping sales - Jan 07, 2010
- Canon India teams with FTII to hone film-making talent - Sep 27, 2010
- Canon Ixus 300 HS camera a complete review - Sep 25, 2010
- Now Kareena to endorse chocolate brand (With Images) - Apr 23, 2012
- Kareena to endorse new Alpenliebe product (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Apr 23, 2012
- Canon to open 300 outlets across India's small towns - Nov 22, 2011
- Bharti Airtel forays into mobile advertising segment - May 27, 2012
- Perry, Bieber ad banned in Britain - Jul 20, 2012
- Hungama is Facebook's Preferred Marketing Developer - May 10, 2012
- Colas to consumer goods firms piggyback on Durga Puja - Oct 02, 2011
- UAE firm unveils lifestyle products in India - Feb 18, 2012
- Nargis Fakhri to endorse women apparel brand - Nov 17, 2011
- Hrithik Roshan named brand ambassador for Liberty - Aug 02, 2011
- Sofia Vergara clears 'skinny' Pepsi ad controversy - Mar 11, 2011
- Nargis Fakhri to endorse HCL's computing products (With Images) - Aug 31, 2012
Tags: advertising campaign, aspirations, creative agency, cutting edge technology, dentsu, digital cameras, fashion photographer, festive season, india pvt ltd, ixus canon, jatin, launch, marcom, new advertising, style statement, target audiences, technological superiority, television commercial, true cool, unattainable