Canon India to spend Rs.550 mn on ramping salesJanuary 7th, 2010 - 6:37 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 7 (IANS) Canon India Pvt Limited said Thursday it would spend Rs.550 million ($12 million) during 2010 on ramping up its imaging communications product (ICP) division to build on the 32 percent growth it had recorded in the year gone by.
The company, which closed 2009 with overall revenues of Rs.8.4 billion, a 27 percent growth over 2008, also announced two new campaigns Canon on Wheels and My IXUS, My Style to tap a wider audience and reposition the ICP category this year.
The ICP division comprises digital compact cameras, DV camcorders Selphy photo printers and digital SLRs.
Starting Thursday from Mumbai, the company said it will roll out 100 roadshows during the next six months across eight cities to reach out to five million customers through a mass contact programme.
Making the announcements here, Kensaku Konishi, president and CEO of Canon India, said: “Canon believes in providing its consumers with the latest technology and photography products. During last year, we pride ourselves in achieving substantial growth and to continue the momentum further, we will provide our consumers, expanded portfolio of stylish and next generation digital imaging products.”
“The camera industry is growing at 35 percent per annum in India and Canon wants to replicate its success stories of the world in India too. Canon is rolling out aggressive marketing plans to touch Rs.4.5 billion revenue from the camera division of a total of Rs.11 billion in 2010,” Konishi added.
Alok Bharadwaj, senior vice president of Canon India, said on the occasion: “In 2010, with our innovative campaigns like Canon on Wheels, My IXUS My Style and Canon Edge Photo community programme, we hope to reach out and engage with customers across India to provide them with hands-on experience of our technologies.”
- Canon to open 300 outlets across India's small towns - Nov 22, 2011
- Canon India teams with FTII to hone film-making talent - Sep 27, 2010
- Photographers at Commonwealth Games get a helping hand - Oct 07, 2010
- Haryana to set up Japanese township near Rohtak - Nov 09, 2010
- Canon rolls out 85 products for Diwali - Oct 22, 2008
- New integrated checkpost opened at Attari, to boost Indo-Pak trade (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Canon eyes Rs.150 crore revenue from brand stores - Sep 19, 2012
- Canon Ixus 300 HS camera a complete review - Sep 25, 2010
- Digital camera market grew 76 percent in Apri-June quarter - Nov 03, 2010
- New checkpost opened at Attari, to boost sub-continental trade (Second Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Canon expects Rs.100 crore revenue in five years - Sep 19, 2012
- Airtel revenue rises in Africa - May 02, 2012
- Haryana's industry scene is a 'mini-Japan' - Jan 23, 2011
- Wipro looks for growth in new geographies (Second Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Media, entertainment industry grew 12 percent in 2011 to Rs.729 bn - Mar 11, 2012
Tags: aggressive marketing, annum, camera industry, communications product, digital compact cameras, digital imaging products, digital slrs, edge photo, hands on experience, india pvt, jan 7, konishi, latest technology, photo community, photo printers, photography products, roadshows, rs 8, senior vice president, substantial growth