Campaigning for last phase of Karnataka polls ends todayMay 20th, 2008 - 12:26 pm ICT by admin
Bangalore, May 20 (ANI): Campaigning for the third and last phase of Karnataka Assembly polls comes to an end this evening.
Several political leaders are addressing public meetings today.
A total of 69 Assembly constituencies in eight districts of North Karnataka, Dharwad, Gadag, Haveri, Bidar, Gulbaga, Bijapur, Bagalakot and Belgaum will face the ballot in the third phase.
Sixty per cent polling was reported May 16 in the second phase of Assembly elections. Voters from ten districts of Raichur, Koppal, Uttara Kannada, Bellary, Chitradurga Davanagere, Shimoga, Udupi, Chikmagalur and Dakshina Kannada participated in the election.
A 66 per cent voter turnout was registered in 89 of the total 224 assembly seats in the first phase of elections on May 10.
Counting of votes will take place on May 25.
The assembly elections in Karnataka are crucial in wake of parliamentary elections in 2009. (ANI)
- Campaigning starts for third phase of Karnataka Assembly poll - May 17, 2008
- Aound 60 percent polling in Karnataka district polls (Lead) - Dec 31, 2010
- Around 30 percent votes cast in Karnataka district polls - Dec 31, 2010
- 17 Karnataka districts vote Friday in panchayat polls - Dec 30, 2010
- EC issues notification for third phase of Karnataka polls - Apr 26, 2008
- Campaigning in full swing for first phase of Karnataka Assembly polls - May 06, 2008
- BJP ahead in 12 constituencies in Karnataka - May 16, 2009
- Karnataka Assembly polls, campaigning ends Thursday for first phase - May 08, 2008
- Security beefed up ahead of first phase of Karnataka Assembly poll - May 09, 2008
- Election Commission team to arrive in Karnataka today - Apr 29, 2008
- Price rise key to national polls schedule: Advani - May 03, 2008
- Karnataka rain, flood toll rises to 156 - Oct 03, 2009
- Poll panel notifies second polling phase in Karnataka - Apr 02, 2009
- High stakes for BJP in Karnataka's final phase (Poll Curtainraiser - Karnataka) - Apr 29, 2009
- Karnataka set to vote in nationally crucial election - May 08, 2008
Tags: assembly constituencies, assembly elections, assembly polls, assembly seats, belgaum, bellary, bidar, bijapur, campaigning, chikmagalur, dakshina, dharwad, gadag, north karnataka, parliamentary elections, political leaders, public meetings, second phase, shimoga, voter turnout