CAG reconstitutes audit advisory boardJuly 22nd, 2011 - 5:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 22 (IANS) The Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) Friday said it had reconstituted the audit advisory board that would suggest the scope of improvements in the audit process.
The advisory board will be headed by Comptroller and Auditor General Vinod Rai, who is the ex-officio chairman.
The main function of the board will be to advise the CAG in matters relating to audit and suggest improvements in the performance and focus of audit within the framework of the constitution and statutory mandate, an official statement said.
The first meeting of the reconstituted board will take place Aug 17 in New Delhi. The board is reconstituted every two years. Members of the board function in an honorary capacity.
The reconstitution of the board is particularly important as the CAG’s recent reports, particularly on 2G spectrum allocation, created ripples in the country’s political circle leading to resignation of two cabinet ministers and arrest of ministers and top telecom officers.
Members of the reconstituted board include K.V. Kamath, chairman of ICICI Bank; Shabana Azmi, actress and social activist; Shailaja Chandra, former chief secretary of Delhi; Sunita Narain, director general of the Centre for Science and Environment; and Kalpana Morparia, chief executive officer of JP Morgan India.
Five Deputy CAGs will be the ex-officio members of the board.
- Auditor talks of Delhi governor's role in CWG work - Aug 06, 2011
- CAG of India to head UN panel of external auditors - Dec 08, 2011
- Congress appoints office-bearers in Karnataka - Apr 14, 2011
- Workers' welfare boards to face government auditor: Apex court - Feb 08, 2012
- Top auditor stands by 2G loss figures - Nov 15, 2011
- Pranab compliments CAG work, gets Joshi's praise (Roundup) - Nov 16, 2011
- Will federal auditor's report on nuclear watchdog open a Pandora's box? (Comment) - Aug 31, 2012
- CAG has not indicted Dikshit, says Delhi minister - Aug 08, 2011
- Government reconstitutes Society of Film and Television Institute of India in Pune - Mar 24, 2011
- All rural development schemes to be audited: Ramesh - Dec 13, 2011
- Indian, US audit bodies to share expertise - Feb 27, 2012
- Joshi asks PAC members to apologise to CAG - Nov 22, 2011
- Mishra appointed Railway Board member - Oct 08, 2010
- Government examining CAG demand on auditing regulators - Aug 03, 2010
- Bring public expenditure under purview of audit: CAG - Oct 16, 2011
Tags: cabinet ministers, cag, cags, chief executive officer, chief secretary, comptroller and auditor general, comptroller and auditor general of india, honorary capacity, jp morgan, k v kamath, officio chairman, officio members, reconstituted board, reconstitution, shabana azmi, social activist, spectrum allocation, statutory mandate, sunita narain, vinod