Cabinet releases Rs.10,091 crore for crop loan subsidiesSeptember 6th, 2012 - 10:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 6 (IANS) To ease the burden on farmers specially in drought-hit areas, the cabinet Thursday decided to release Rs.10,901 crore to banks as interest subvention for crop loans up to Rs.300,000 to farmers in FY 2012-13.
Allowing release of the money, the cabinet decided that Rs.3,267 crore subvention be given to Nabard for refinance to cooperatives banks and regional rural banks(RRBs).
An official release said, “to continue interest subvention to Public Sector Banks, Regional Rural Banks (RRBs), Cooperatives Banks and Nabard to enable them to provide short- term crop loans up to Rs.3 lakh to farmers at 7 percent per annum 2012-13.”
The government also decided to provide additional interest subvention of 3 percent to those farmers who repay short-term crop loans on time, that is within a year of disbursement.
The government has been subsidising short-term crop loans to farmers in order to ensure the availability of crop loans to farmers for loans up to Rs.300,000 at 7 percent per annum.
The government also approved a proposal to provide interest subvention to small and marginal farmers having Kisan Credit Card for loan against negotiable warehouse receipts for post harvest at 7 percent interest for a period of 6 months.
The statement further said it has decided to permit release of Rs.442 crore as interest subvention to small and marginal farmers having Kisan Credit Card against negotiable warehouse receipts, for post-harvest.
- Cabinet nod for continuing farmers' loan scheme - Sep 06, 2012
- Allocation for agriculture up 18 percent - Mar 16, 2012
- Rs.4,868 crore compensation to public sector banks - Jul 30, 2010
- NABARD registers 24.2 percent loan growth in Bengal (Lead) - Apr 04, 2012
- NABARD registers 24.2 percent loan growth in Bengal - Apr 04, 2012
- Public sector banks to disburse Rs.6 lakh crore farm loans: Chidambaram - Aug 25, 2012
- Biggest challenge before nation is to ensure inclusive growth: Mukherjee - Mar 12, 2011
- Public sector bank's non-performing assets not alarming: FM - Aug 18, 2012
- Drought-hit farmers get additional time to repay loans - Feb 26, 2010
- Jayalalithaa opposes rate hike on rural infra loans - Apr 27, 2012
Tags: annum, cooperatives, credit card, crop loans, crore, disbursement, lakh, marginal farmers, money, nabard, New Delhi, proposal, public sector banks, rural banks, subsidies, subvention, warehouse receipts