Cabinet okays Rs.14,000 crore as spectrum auction base priceAugust 3rd, 2012 - 8:57 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 3 (IANS) The cabinet Friday approved Rs.14,000 crore as the reserve price for the 2G spectrum auction fixed by the Empowered Group of Ministers (EGoM) on telecom.
The cabinet, at a meeting here, also approved a base price of Rs.18,200 crore for the CDMA services and spectrum usage charge of three to eight percent of the revenue of the operators.
Last month, the EGoM had recommended the reserve price to the cabinet which is lower than what the sector regulator has suggested for the 2G spectrum auction.
The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) had recommended a reserve price of Rs.18,000 crore.
The Supreme Court Feb 2 ordered cancellation of 122 licences including those of Uninor, Sistema Shyam Teleservices, Loop Telecom, Etisalat DB, Videocon, Idea Cellular and STel and asked for redistribution of these licences though an auction.
- Cabinet okays Rs.14,000 crore spectrum reserve price (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- EGoM defers decision on one-time spectrum fee issue - Jul 24, 2012
- EGoM to recommend spectrum price, but cabinet to take call - Jul 20, 2012
- Minimum bid price for 2G spectrum too high: SSTL - Aug 07, 2012
- Telecom EGoM to recommend lower reserve price to cabinet for approval (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- EGoM on telecom approves spectrum mortgaging (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- No decision on 2G pricing, EGoM favours refarming spectrum - Jun 05, 2012
- Foreign telecom firms want government to clarify stand (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- TRAI sets high base price for 2G auction, operators cry foul (Lead) - Apr 23, 2012
- Uninor to file interim application in Supreme Court - May 01, 2012
- EGoM on 2G spectrum deferred - Jun 21, 2012
- 2G: Process for selection of auctioneer approved - May 01, 2012
- EGoM's reserve price revision still high: GSMA - Jul 21, 2012
- Telenor writes down remaining Indian assets worth $680 mn - Apr 30, 2012
- EGoM to take final call Tuesday on spectrum pricing - Jun 04, 2012
Tags: base price, cancellation, crore, etisalat, feb 2, idea cellular, loop telecom, redistribution, spectrum auction, spectrum usage, stel, supreme court, telecom regulatory authority, telecom regulatory authority of india, teleservices, trai, videocon