Cabinet nod to 3 Delhi Metro corridors in Phase III (Lead, Superseding earier story)October 11th, 2010 - 8:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 11 (IANS) The Delhi government Monday cleared three of the six corridors of Delhi Metro’s Phase III and asked for a detailed project report (DPR) on the other three from the transport department.
A government source said three corridors — Mukundpur-Rajouri Garden, Central Secretariat-Red Fort and Jehangirpuri-Badli — were cleared at a cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
Due to differences of opinions, three routes — including the two corridors from Noida Sector 18 in Uttar Pradesh to Janakpuri in west Delhi and Rajouri Garden in west Delhi to Dhaula Kuan in south Delhi — were not finalised. The transport department has been asked to come out with a detailed project report.
The third phase, at a proposed cost of Rs.2,468 crore, is likely to be completed within five years and will have nearly 70 km of track length.
Another government source said that after the clearance, the Phase III plan would go to the Group of Ministers of the union cabinet which will decide on the funding for the construction of the six routes.
The Metro runs a fleet of 129 trains on a network of 138 km that has 117 stations. The average daily ridership on weekdays after the opening of the Jahangirpuri-Huda City Centre (Gurgaon) has crossed the 15 lakh figure.
The Metro’s Airport Express line, likely to be inaugurated by October-end, is the last project in the second phase.
- Nehru Place to get second Metro station - Sep 02, 2012
- Top Delhi Metro official resigns - Apr 19, 2012
- Secretariat-Kashmere Gate Metro line expected by 2015 - May 25, 2012
- Delhi Metro's Phase-III gets cabinet nod - Oct 11, 2010
- Metro Phase III will be built by 2016 - May 02, 2012
- Two more bridges across Yamuna in Delhi Metro Phase-III - Sep 15, 2011
- Delhi Metro to dig deeper for tunnels in third phase - Jun 15, 2011
- Work on Delhi Metro third phase to commence soon - May 08, 2011
- Delhi Metro to connect more hospitals - Apr 11, 2012
- Metro Phase III gets approval - Aug 10, 2011
- Delhi Metro's third phase approved - Apr 11, 2011
- Metro construction picks up; traffic snarls expected - Apr 21, 2012
- Delhi Metro gains from traffic jams, fewer buses - Sep 28, 2010
- Delhi Metro will be bigger than London underground: Kamal Nath - Nov 17, 2011
- Efforts on to minimise Metro snags, say officials - Mar 30, 2012
Tags: airport express, cabinet meeting, cabinet nod, central secretariat, crore, delhi government, delhi metro, detailed project, dhaula kuan, government source, gurgaon, lakh, noida sector 18, phase iii, rs 2, south delhi, three corridors, transport department, union cabinet, west delhi