Cabinet clears Kochi Metro railJuly 4th, 2012 - 4:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 4 (IANS) The cabinet Wednesday cleared a Rs.5,181.79 crore, 25.612 km Metro rail project to improve the public transport system in the southern city.
The network will comprise 23 stations, Home Minister P. Chidambaram told reporters after a cabinet meeeting. The proect is headed by E. Sreedharan, who was responsible for creating the Delhi Metro.
“It will be fully elevated and will run from Alwaye to Petta on standard gauge,” said Chidambaram.
The central government’s share will be Rs.1,002.23 crore and that of the Kerala government Rs.l,772.23 crore.
The project includes an external debt element of Rs.2,170 crore and state taxes, including escalation, of Rs.237.33 crore, Chidambaram said.
The project will be executed by a special purpose vehicle of the central and state governments with 50:50 equity.
The project is scheduled to be completed in four years from the date work starts.
–Indo-Asian News service
- Kochi Metro rail gets cabinet nod (Lead) - Jul 04, 2012
- Cabinet approves Kochi Metro (Second Lead) - Jul 04, 2012
- Kochi Metro gets ok, protests over land (Third Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- PM lays foundation stone for Kochi Metro - Sep 13, 2012
- Kerala keen on Sreedharan for Kochi Metro - Jan 03, 2012
- Sreedharan is on board Kochi Metro - Jan 12, 2012
- Cabinet meet begins, Lokpal not on agenda - Dec 18, 2011
- Ghaziabad authority approves Rs.200 crore for Delhi Metro extension - Apr 26, 2012
- Confirmed that 26/11 controlled from Pakistan: Chidambaram (Second Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- DDA told to raise funds for Metro network expansion - May 03, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh children to get ready-to-eat breakfast - Dec 13, 2011
- Punjab government approves Ludhiana metro project - Jun 22, 2011
- Delhi Metro airport line to open by March - Feb 05, 2011
- Sreedharan finds plenty of faults with airport metro - Mar 29, 2011
- Sreedharan inspects proposed Faridabad Metro corridor - Apr 29, 2011
Tags: aag, asian news, central government, delhi metro, e sreedharan, escalation, external debt, home minister, kerala government, kochi, metro rail project, p chidambaram, public transport system, rg, rs 1, rs 2, special purpose vehicle, standard gauge, state governments, state taxes