Cabinet approves pay revision for central public sector enterprisesNovember 20th, 2008 - 7:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 20 (IANS) The cabinet Thursday approved the recommendations of the second Pay Revision Committee for central public sector enterprises (CPSEs) but there will be no additional cost to the government as the enterprises will bear the cost, a minister said.”There will be no additional cost to the government as the enterprises will bear the additional cost from their internal resources,” Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) Prithviraj Chavan said.
“It is for this reason that I cannot tell you what the additional expenditure will be,” he said in reply to a question while briefing reporters after a cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
“The revised pay scales would be implemented by the issue of a separate Presidential Directive in respect of each CPSE by the concerned administrative ministry or department,” Chavan said.
While the revised pay scales will be effective Jan 1, 2007, the payment of house rent allowance, perks and allowances based on the revised scales will be from the date of issue of the Presidential Directives, he added.
The Pay Revision Committee had been established as CPSE employees were not covered by the Sixth Pay Commission that earlier this year recommended increased pay and allowances for government servants.
- CAG unravels Rs.14,000 crore cost overruns in hydro projects - Aug 31, 2012
- Ajit Singh assures faster clearance for Navi Mumbai airport - Jul 30, 2012
- S-Band spectrum: Needle of suspicion points at Chavan, alleges BJP - Feb 08, 2011
- UP cabinet revokes facilities to key Mayawati aide - Apr 27, 2012
- Centre to grant "Maharatna" status to PSEs with potential to be MNCs - Dec 24, 2009
- Gujarat to change work profile of fast track courts - Apr 05, 2011
- Sixth pay panel scales for Gujarat judicial officers soon - Nov 29, 2010
- Praful Patel to hold interactive session with Public Sector Enterprises - Mar 07, 2011
- 17 state-run firms to invest Rs.140,000 crore: PM - Jan 31, 2012
- Over Rs.61,600 crore in net worth of public sector firms eroded - Aug 18, 2011
- 39 sick PSEs revived, making profit - Aug 19, 2010
- Nair slams government, ISRO chief for action against him (Intro Roundup) - Jan 26, 2012
- Open to probe in 2G scam: Prithviraj Chavan - Sep 28, 2011
- Government announces Air India staff integration process (Second Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Mumbai's auto-richshaws to get electronic meters - Oct 09, 2011