Cabinet approves delivery of 27 B-787 aircraft to Air IndiaAugust 3rd, 2012 - 9:53 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 3 (IANS) The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs Friday approved a Ministry of Civil Aviation proposal allowing Air India to take delivery of 27 B-787 aircraft after signing the Delay Compensation Settlement Agreement.
The decision delinks the issue relating to compensation for failure to meet performance guarantees from the Delay Compensation Settlement Agreement, which will be negotiated separately by an empowered group of officers after actual evaluation of the performance of the B-787 aircraft inducted into Air India.
Air India would benefit from the induction of the latest state-of-art technology Boeing aircraft, which are more fuel efficient than its competitors.
Air India is planning to induct 27 B-787 aircraft in its fleet as part of the contracted deliveries of the aircraft from Boeing. These aircraft were scheduled to be delivered from September 2008 to October 2011.
However, due to certain design and production issues, these aircraft were delayed and are now scheduled to be delivered between June 2012 and March 2016.
- Air India's first Dreamliner arrives after 4-year wait - Sep 08, 2012
- India expects to induct first 787 Dreamliner this month - Aug 19, 2012
- Air India gets second Dreamliner, plans to start new routes - Sep 19, 2012
- First Dreamliner aircraft delivered to Air India in the US - Sep 06, 2012
- AI entitled to $145 m from Boeing for delayed aircraft: Ravi - Aug 10, 2011
- Air India's Dreamliner to be in service from Sep 19 - Sep 12, 2012
- Cabinet to decide on Boeing 787 compensation offer (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- Air India confident of Boeing-787 induction by year-end - Jul 17, 2011
- Cabinet to decide on Boeing 787 compensation offer - Jun 06, 2012
- Air India to seek compensation for Dreamliner delay - Jul 25, 2012
- 'Air India won't take Dreamliners till compensation fixed' - May 29, 2012
- Air India negotiating for 'just compensation' for Boeing-787 delays - May 23, 2011
- Air India won't take Dreamliners till compensation fixed (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Air India, Boeing negotiate 'just compensation' for delays (Lead) - May 23, 2011
- B-787 Dreamliner in Air India livery to be showcased next month - Feb 27, 2012
Tags: air india, art technology, boeing, boeing aircraft, cabinet committee, civil aviation, delay compensation, deliveries, economic affairs, failure, fleet, india air, induction, New Delhi, performance guarantees, proposal, settlement agreement, state of art