Burger weighing 777 pounds sets new recordJuly 5th, 2011 - 9:43 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Alameda, July 5 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A new record for the biggest hamburger has been entered into the Guinness Book of Records. The new burger weighs 777 pounds. The previous record holder tipped the scales at 590 pounds.
The new burger was unveiled this year during the Alameda County Fair. The burger was made by Ovation Food Services. Co-owner of the company was influential in getting the burger made. Brett Enright told reporters that he decided to challenge the previous record and that was why he made the burger.
Brett assembled a group of helpers to get the burger done. The delicacy was started about 5 am on the 2nd of July and on 8pm it was ready to be served to the observers who were gathered at the place. Before it was dished out, the massive food was weighed and recorded into the Guinness Record Book.
Officials say the giant burger contain about 1.375 million calories. Patrons who enjoyed the burger were made to pay about $.99 apiece which will be placed into the account of the Alameda County Community Food Bank.
The world’s biggest burger contains 600 pounds of meat, 340 pounds of dough, 20 pounds of onion, 50 pounds of cheese and 20 pounds of mustard ketchup.
- Giant burger sets new world record - Sep 04, 2012
- World's Biggest Burger To Find It's Place In Guinness Book Of World Records - Jun 14, 2010
- World's Biggest Burger Finds A Place In The Guinness Book Of Records - Jun 14, 2010
- Cornish pasty weighing nearly a ton is world's biggest - Aug 21, 2010
- Australian Cafe cooks the world's biggest burger - Jun 14, 2010
- Guinness's "World's Largest Chocolate Bar" Unveiled in Armenia - Sep 13, 2010
- NY restaurant gets Guinness World Record for most expensive hot dog at $69 - Jul 24, 2010
- World's biggest burger weights more than 13 stone! - Sep 17, 2009
- A horse that is just 14 inches tall - Apr 26, 2010
- Meet George, the 7ft-long blue Great Dane, who could be world's tallest dog - Dec 23, 2009
- A 71-kg silver ring sets Guinness record - Dec 24, 2010
- Serendipity 3 Sells World's Most Expensive Hot Dog for $69 - Jul 28, 2010
- Scottish porridge bowl weighing 690 kilograms smashes world record - Jul 05, 2010
- Now a blood-vessel-busting 5000-calorie burger available in UK - Jan 28, 2011
- 200,000 people worldwide celebrate Guinness World Records Day - Nov 19, 2010
Tags: alameda county fair, biggest hamburger, calories, cheese, co owner, community food bank, delicacy, enright, food services, giant burger, guinness book of records, guinness record book, ketchup, mustard, observers, onion, ovation, patrons, scales