Buffett’s NetJets places biggest order with BombardierMarch 2nd, 2011 - 3:33 pm ICT by IANS
Toronto, March 2 (IANS) Bombardier has announced the largest business aircraft sale in its history with Warren Buffett’s NetJets ordering 50 Global business jets with the options of buying additional 70 Global aircraft.
NetJets is the world’s largest business aircraft operator, with a fleet of over 800 aircraft worldwide.
The Montreal-based Bombardier said Tuesday the order is valued at approximately $2.8 billion. If additional Global aircraft are also bought, the order will surpass $6.7 billion.
Under the order, the corporate aircraft unit of Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway Inc. will get 30 Global 5000 Vision and Global Express XRS Vision aircraft, with their deliveries starting in the fourth quarter of 2012.
The deal also includes 20 newly launched Global 7000 and Global 8000 jets. The delivery of these aircraft will begin in 2017.
“We are very proud to have NetJets, the worldwide leader in private aviation, select the Bombardier Global aircraft family,” said Steve Ridolfi, president of Bombardier Business Aircraft, in a statement.
“The Global aircraft family offers the ultimate in performance, cabin comfort and technology. We are especially happy that NetJets shares our excitement in the Global aircraft family strategy, including our recently launched Global 7000 and Global 8000 jets,” he added.
Jordan Hansell, president of NetJets, said: “We are very impressed with Bombardier’s product strategy and vision for the future.”
Global Express XRS, Global 7000 and Global 8000 are long-haul, faster and fuel-efficient jets, with a flying range of 9,630 km to 14,631 km.
(Gurmukh Singh can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Bombardier unveils two long-haul corporate jets - Oct 18, 2010
- Bombardier aircraft sales slip 19 percent - Feb 18, 2011
- Private jet market soars in India - Feb 19, 2012
- SpiceJet orders 15 aircraft from Bombardier for $446 million - Dec 10, 2010
- Bombardier posts $220-million profit, BlackBerry sinks - Jun 02, 2011
- SpiceJet to base newly acquired aircraft in Delhi - Jul 05, 2012
- Bombardier Aerospace to open service facility in Macon, Georgia - Feb 18, 2010
- Greg Abel Represents A New Contender For The Post Of The Billionaire, Warren Buffett - Jan 19, 2011
- Bombardier inaugurates engineering centre in Bangalore - Apr 17, 2012
- Bombardier's profits dip despite robust metro demand - Sep 02, 2010
- India market soars for business jet makers - Apr 04, 2010
- India expects to induct first 787 Dreamliner this month - Aug 19, 2012
- American Airlines orders 460 new planes from Boeing and Airbus - Jul 20, 2011
- Is Greg Abel The Prospective Successor Of Warren Buffett? - Jan 19, 2011
- Bombardier joins Boeing in cutting 3,000 jobs - Apr 03, 2009
Tags: aircraft operator, aircraft sale, berkshire hathaway, berkshire hathaway inc, bombardier, business aircraft, business jets, corporate aircraft, family strategy, global express xrs, gurmukh, hansell, netjets, private aviation, product strategy, ridolfi, toronto march, vision aircraft, warren buffett, worldwide leader