BSNL launches value-added video servicesApril 11th, 2011 - 7:55 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, April 11 (IANS) Customers of state-run telecom firm Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) can now avail of value-added services such as video messaging and live video sharing.
The services were launched by union Minister of State for Communications and IT Sachin Pilot here Sunday, a statement said.
Video SMS service will be available only for the third generation (3G) customers of BSNL. Short videos can be sent to the subscriber of any network with a GPRS-ennabled handset by dialing 58877.
Live video sharing will enable 2G and 3G customers to share videos on sites like Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
The services are targeted at youth and the professional segment of the market, the company said.
“With appropriate pricing, marketing and business development strategy, BSNL may be able to generate revenues to the tune of Rs.200-300 crore from these premium services in next 2-3 years,” said S.S. Sirohi, BSNL’s chief general manager (telecom) for Punjab circle.
“In addition, such services shall not only enhance BSNL’s brand image by adding the much needed youthfulness, but also go a long way in boosting adoption and uptake of 3G services,” he added.
- BSNL's value-added services launched in Punjab - Apr 10, 2011
- BSNL launches Bharat Berry push e-mail service - Nov 14, 2011
- BSNL to expand 3G services to 120 more cities by December - Nov 04, 2010
- BSNL 3G services to be in 760 cities by December (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Nov 04, 2010
- Content aimed at rural masses can make MVAS a $10 bn industry - Jul 08, 2012
- Huawei to design mobile handsets for Indian market - Jun 15, 2011
- Tata Docomo rolls out 3G-service in India's tech hub - Nov 03, 2010
- Vodafone to stream cricket World Cup matches - Feb 10, 2011
- Sachin Pilot launches unique plan for BSNL customers - Nov 04, 2010
- TRAI issues guidelines for mobile banking services - Apr 18, 2012
- BSNL to provide 3G telecom services at affordable prices - May 16, 2010
- India's mobile phone users spoilt for choice - Jun 05, 2011
- Bharti Airtel to launch 3G by year-end - Oct 25, 2010
- Indian mobile handsets market grows 10 percent in 2011 - Mar 01, 2012
- Unlimited Music Download-Free Of Cost - Jun 12, 2010
Tags: 3g services, brand image, business development strategy, chief general, crore, minister of state, premium services, professional segment, rs 200, sanchar nigam ltd, sirohi, sms service, telecom firm, third generation, twitter, union minister, value added services, video messaging, video services, video sms