BSNL cuts international call rates to Saarc countriesNovember 2nd, 2008 - 10:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 2 (IANS) The state-run telecom giant Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) Sunday lowered international call rates to some member countries of the South Asian Association of Regional Cooperation (Saarc) by 15-35 percent.The new move, effective from Saturday, would enable BSNL customers, both mobile and landline, to make calls to Pakistan, Bangladesh, the Maldives and Bhutan at cheaper rates.
Under the post-paid plan 725, the BSNL cellphone users can make calls to the four countries at Rs.9 per minute instead of the existing Rs.10. Under the post-paid and pre-paid plans, call charges to these countries would be Rs.9 per minute instead of Rs.12.
For BSNL fixed line users, call charges to these four countries would now be Rs.9.60 per minute. Earlier, the charges were Rs.12 a minute.
BSNL is also planning to cut call rates to Middle Eastern countries, a company official said.
- Few takers for post-paid connection in Pakistan - Aug 24, 2012
- BSNL to expand 3G services to 120 more cities by December - Nov 04, 2010
- BSNL 3G services to be in 760 cities by December (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Nov 04, 2010
- BSNL launches Bharat Berry push e-mail service - Nov 14, 2011
- BSNL launches voice, video telephony services over internet - Jul 18, 2011
- Airtel slashes 3G data tariff by 70 percent - May 17, 2012
- Sachin Pilot launches unique plan for BSNL customers - Nov 04, 2010
- BSNL's disconnection threat illegal and coercive: Private operators - Sep 13, 2011
- TRAI asks operators to offer per second-billing plan (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Apr 20, 2012
- Operators must offer calls at 1 paisa per second plan: TRAI - Apr 20, 2012
- No outstanding dues to BSNL: Telcos - Sep 10, 2011
- Vodafone hikes call tariff for post-paid customers in Mumbai by 20 percent - May 01, 2012
- Mobile phone firms go all out to woo other's customers - Jan 25, 2011
- Northeast pre-paid mobiles allowed roaming facilities - May 25, 2011
- Tata Docomo launches 3G tariff packages - Nov 09, 2010
Tags: bharat sanchar nigam, bharat sanchar nigam ltd, international call rates, line users, middle eastern countries, regional cooperation, saarc countries, sanchar nigam ltd, south asian association, telecom giant