BSE SME Exchange to come up with new indexJune 30th, 2011 - 12:55 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 29 (IANS) The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Platform will come up with a new index for SME segment, a top executive of the exchange said Wednesday.
“The SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India) inspection is over. We are expecting SEBI’s approval in a couple of weeks to a month to set up the SME Exchange. We will come up with a new index for SME segment in the exchange,” BSE SME Exchange CEO Lakshman Gugulothu told reporters here.
“We have started our all-India marketing. Here we have to mobilise the small and medium enterprises (SMEs). We are working with chambers of commerce, market intermediaries and dominant regional partners,” he added.
He said that it was mandatory for the companies with post issue face value capital up to Rs.10 crore to do the listing on the BSE SME Exchange.
Gugulothu said the criteria for listing on the main board had been changed from a minimum post issue paid up capital of Rs.3 crore to Rs.10 crore.
The SMEs with post issue paid up capital between Rs.10 crore and Rs.25 crore have been given the option to list either on SME Exchange or on the main board, he added.
- BSE SME exchange may come up by March-end - Feb 10, 2012
- NSE to launch SME exchange in November - Nov 03, 2011
- BSE's SME segment to come up by September - Jun 02, 2011
- BSE, NSE soon to have exchanges for small and medium firms - May 27, 2011
- Crisil to target SMEs in tier II, III towns - Feb 22, 2012
- NSE gets green signal for SME exchange - Oct 14, 2011
- NSE starts SME platform with first listing Thejo Engineering - Sep 18, 2012
- New listing norms unveiled for small, medium companies - Nov 09, 2009
- India may tweak SME definition for IKEA investment - Aug 04, 2012
- SBI to open new SME branches in Bengal - Apr 27, 2012
- Ratings reduce borrowing costs of SMEs: Crisil - Apr 19, 2011
- Bank working with NSE to set up SME exchange - Sep 16, 2011
- Firms non-compliant with SEBI norms to face action - May 07, 2012
- Government to sell 10.82 percent stake in SAIL - Jul 20, 2012
- Government to raise Rs.4,000 crore by selling stake in SAIL (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: bombay stock exchange, bse, ceo, chambers of commerce, commerce market, crore, exchange board, face value, india marketing, june 29, lakshman, market intermediaries, regional partners, sebi, securities and exchange, securities and exchange board of india, segment, small and medium enterprise, small and medium enterprises, top executive