British women world’s ugliest touristsSeptember 4th, 2010 - 3:34 pm ICT by IANS
London, Sep 4 (IANS) British women have been named the world’s ugliest tourists, “rude” in behaviour and “ending up drunk in the gutter”.
Women from the country are known across the world for their bad behaviour, poor dress sense and drinking habits when on holiday, the Daily Express reported Saturday.
They “shamelessly break wind” and belch while lying around hotel pools or on beaches, a survey by holiday website Real Holiday Reports said.
Tourists were asked the question “Which country has the ugliest women?”, answers to which put Britons well ahead of the rest.
They topped the poll with 22.4 percent, with the next being American women on 16.7 percent. They were followed by Germans, east Europeans, Spaniards and Turks.
British women were called “fat” and “covered in bad tattoos”. They wore “hideous outfits”, including “too-tight bikinis”.
Gary Hewitt, whose agency conducted the survey, said he was not shocked by the findings.
“British women have had a pretty bad reputation for quite a number of years. They are increasingly seen to behave more like British men and end up drinking as much as their blokes and letting it all hang out. It’s not a good reputation that we have, and if we want to improve our image we need to sharpen up a bit,” he said.
- 'Drinking, swearing and beer bellied' Brits voted 'world's ugliest tourists' - Oct 28, 2010
- Russians are world's worst tourists, suggests poll - Aug 28, 2009
- Ogling at bikini belles can cause holiday bust-up - Aug 08, 2012
- Britons not having sex in rainy weather - Jul 21, 2012
- What will you miss during foreign tour - Mar 24, 2012
- Goa's tourism image needs to be rebuilt: Official - Jun 19, 2010
- Sri Lanka to protest British travel advisory - Aug 20, 2012
- Brit men prefer to spend cash on moisturizer rather than booze! - Mar 30, 2010
- Brits 'likelier to eat fried tarantulas, sheeps' eyes' than other Europeans - Oct 11, 2010
- Tar balls, robberies mar Goa's beach parties - Sep 03, 2010
- Indians prefer beach vacations for new experiences - May 16, 2012
- Russian, Israeli tourists more of menace to Goa: Faleiro - Aug 14, 2012
- For some, benefits of drinking outweigh flip side - Jul 05, 2011
- Jennifer Love Hewitt steps behind the camera - Nov 03, 2010
- 4 in 10 Brits think getting drunk abroad is a British characteristic - Apr 23, 2011
Tags: american women, bad behaviour, bad reputation, bikinis, blokes, british men, british women, britons, daily express, dress sense, east europeans, gary hewitt, germans, gutter, holiday website, hotel pools, real holiday reports, spaniards, ugliest women, women world